My D3 "Hangs" when on 2 diff Brand of CF Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShawnQuah

Apr 22, 2004
Hougang
Dear all D3 users

Not sure if any one of you encountered this before.

When I inserted a Lexar 4Gb and a Sandisk 4Gb and use it in overflow mode, the camera suddenly hang on me while I was covering an event. The REM shows "00" and blinking. ie No more space left but I only took like 100 pcs on the card....

Anyone know what went wrong?

Dear all D3 users

Not sure if any one of you encountered this before.

When I inserted a Lexar 4Gb and a Sandisk 4Gb and use it in overflow mode, the camera suddenly hang on me while I was covering an event. The REM shows "00" and blinking. ie No more space left but I only took like 100 pcs on the card....

Anyone know what went wrong?

Not sure how this will help but I've never had that problem before and I'm pretty sure my D3 has always had different brands in the two slots, Lexar in the main and Sandisk in slot 2.

Same as Jed.

I have an 8GB lexar 300x as my main and a sandisk extreme III 4GB in my second slot. No issues at all.

Looks like one of the cards could be faulty. I've mixed and matched different brands and different capacity CF cards in overflow mode without any problems so far.

The only glitch I encountered in over 1.5 years of D3 use was with an 8G UDMA Lexar card. But it turned out that card was faulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.