Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweek

Jan 17, 2002
East
www.weekai.com
nikon1a.jpg

nikon2b.jpg

Does this look like the D1H series? Who can guess the correct camera body + lens, and any other peripherals? ;)

How sad am I? It's an F3 with the motordrive. I can't distinguish the lens with the blur, but it's either the 28/2.8 or the 35/2.8 AI(S), possibly even the 24. Oh, and a Slik tripod of some description :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Nikon F3, with MD-4.

Lens is a 50mm f/1.4?

Hmm... actually yes, I am talking rot. I think YS is right about the lens!

Man.. Jed, I think we're really sad. :p

Cheh, no fun, guess you guys know the nikon cams really well, cos that's the right answer!

nikon1.jpg

nikon2.jpg

nikon3.jpg

Nikon F3 with MD-4, Nikkor 50mm F1.4

nikon4.jpg

nikon5.jpg

same body with Nikkor F 135mm F2 and PK-13 extension tube

nikon6.jpg

nikon7.jpg

Now, the interesting question is, where'd you get that baby from? :D

Originally posted by YSLee
Now, the interesting question is, where'd you get that baby from? :D

it's actually from my lab lah...this ancient camera. I loaned it out to photograph some flow visualisation in my project. And hehheh, thought maybe I can bring it home for a day or so for my private use. First time using such a mechanical camera, quite excited, and took some time to get familiarised with all the controls. And the lens is cool, F1.4! The 135mm with extension tube also shows promise for good macros.

Call me ignorant or what, but I find the manual focus thingee in the viewfinder to be damn cool....the 2 semi-circles which you try to align the subject in to make sure focus is accurate. I was awed man, even though this was a technology made tens of years ago. :)

btw, just for interest sake, how much will the above combi cost in current market prices?

Hmm.. the body itself would easily be 1k. The lens is 300 perhaps, and the 135 I'm not too sure myself.

And if you think extension tube's are cool, wait till you try a real Micro-Nikkor. :D

Not a huge amount if you're willing to get a less than cosmetically excellent sample of the F3... yours looks in very good nick. You can probably pick up a decent example of the lot for about S$1500, possibly slightly less but a lot less and I'd look carefully!

There you go, two independent quotations that closely match... what more could you ask for?

:rbounce: :rbounce: :rbounce:

Now, usually I frown upon such flaunting of high-end equipment, but since Tweek's my very good student and I'm the one who suggested him to use it (afterall, we love cameras) .... I'm DAMN proud of this piece of baby from the lab ...

The 135mm lense cost the lab S$1800 and we just got it last year ... the lab has a lot of stuff but sadly no one really uses them any more ...

we have an olympus OM2 + motor drive + 4 lenses(shutter release dead and waiting for the lab to condemn as a gift for me), the F3, a Mamiya + a couple of lenses ... and of course Nikon lenses galore ...

50mm lah, 55mm lah, 105mm lah, 135mm lah (last count, I think more than 10 ....extension tubes of various lengths (PK-11, PK-13 ...) ... all these are for you to use for work ... but if you are into taking pics like Tweek and me ... it's not really fair to the rest of the students ...

and Jesus, Tweek .... what if TT sees all this ?! Our asses will be his .....

Sadly, or fortunately depending on your viewpoint, AIS lenses and MF equipment devalues. As I said, the stuff Tweek shot was in very good nick, so it'd be worth more than 1500, but you could get a decent condition similar setup for 1500 at a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.