my comp keeps restarting for no reason ! why ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

glennyong

May 2, 2004
Singapore
i juz recently replaced my motherboard and ram to a new one. however after installing the motherboard and ram, the windows keep restarting for no reason !!

may i know what is problem i am facing ? is it the hard-disk is failing or what ?
hope u guys can help me. i cant tahan the every hour restart on my comp~

format the hard disk, reinstall windows and see if the problem still happens

glennyong said:
i juz recently replaced my motherboard and ram to a new one. however after installing the motherboard and ram, the windows keep restarting for no reason !!

may i know what is problem i am facing ? is it the hard-disk is failing or what ?
hope u guys can help me. i cant tahan the every hour restart on my comp~

http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=30497.0

just now my system at home also, all the browser hang & such, even bitcomet hang as well... must be the new cable modem connected raw get worm or trojan... but i have NIS liao leh... firewall up as well..

If you change motherboard, you will need to reinstall your OS for sure.

Hi glenn,

Maybe you can provide more information.

What OS are you using?
Is the processor fan running?
Have you tried to swop the ram?

:)

If overheating the system will auto shut down. And wont restart . .

espn said:
Might be overheating.

U must reformat your system when u change your mobo.
Pls ensure u configure your bios.

It is always better to reformat your HD when you replace your MB. Do that first and see if this will solve your problem.

Got virus liao lah!
shouldn't have talk bad behind others' back! :devil:

i changed my mobo because the previous one was fried by me.. and the best part was that it caught fire and the capacitors were like *aarrgghh.. dunno wahd to say..*

so went to get one new mobo and a new ram, and installed a ram cooler plates. and what i truely believe is that could there be a possiblity of hard disk failure ?

ram-failure is rather impossible coz its a new one leh...

over heating worse, coz its well ventilated, more ventilated den any place in my house, with a 6 sets of fans running at a same time. overheating is ruled out then.

now i am reformatting the comp.. but nt sure if the restart horror will happen again.

and before reformatting, the comp was on to test the restart problem, and before i could do anything a trojan horse came and *tah-dah* all the virus start coming in like crazy...

now i am reformmating it...

thanks all for ur inputs, will update this thread once the reformat is done..

peace... and sigh.. all 20gb of pics gone!! coz cannot back-up, once backup restart again.... sob..

Nisa said:
Got virus liao lah!
shouldn't have talk bad behind others' back! :devil:

where got... dun anyhow say leh... i where gt talk bad about others ?? :nono:

isn't there a software to reinstall your jpg files? ;p

Capacitors on fire and restart after changing mother board...
Sounds to me like a Power Supply problem. Ever tried another metal box?

I also think its either over-heating or virus. Had that experience before and it happened after I tried to defragment my PC overnight........

After that, I scanned for virus and then it is back to normal. :)

sigh* My graphic card fan also die... :(

if you use winxp and your new mobo chipset & old mobo chipset is of different series, you need to reinstall winxp.

Sjourn said:
If you change motherboard, you will need to reinstall your OS for sure.

actually not really, even though it's the preferred way. I upgraded 2 PCs at home to new motherboards, CPUs and rams and Windows handled the upgrade without much fuss (which was good for me cos I don't have the installation of some programs).

software conflicts.
Format C: the whole HDD is the best choice.
If you think is too "ma fan", uninstall all the drivers from the previously motherboard and install new drivers.
Best is still format...

Status
Not open for further replies.