My colorful Chiang Mai with Nikonny

rOnGeR

Aug 25, 2009
West of Singapore
www.flickr.com
Date : 2011/11/03 - 2011/11/06

Chiang Mai (เชียงใหม่), is the largest and most culturally significant city in northern Thailand. The air is fresh, the weather is nice, the people are warm, the city is clean.

A simple, beautiful, colorful, safe, warm hospitality, etc, trip for me. Though the journey was packed, however we enjoyed it a lot. Great to have our local guide, Jack Tamrong, during the trip. He is not just our guide, also our friend. Our beautiful journey was more happening with him around.

Our objective for the trip is joining their Yi Peng Festival. The biggest celebration which is 10k of sky lanterns was just over. But, Jack managed to get us to the Lantern Village for the festival. Though the lanterns was not as much as the past celebration, it is still beautiful for us. We enjoyed the celebration with the local together.

Besides for the celebration of Yi Peng Festival, we visited to Elephant camp for the elephant show, elephant ride, cow ride and bamboo rafting during our first day on 2011/11/04 (we touched down late night on 2011/11/03).

During the second day, we visited to the Doi Inthanon National Park - Wachirathan Waterfall with rainbow, golden paddy field, pagodas for the King and Queen, the highest spot in Thailand (2,565.3341 meters above mean sea level) and the super tiring trekking to Kew Mae Pan Nature Trail with very beautiful views during the trek. After it we had the Traditional Khantoke Dinner.

On the last day, but not least, we visited to Hill Tribe. And Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep, the city's most famous temple, stands on Doi Suthep, a hill to the north-west of the city.

A colorful journey for me which I would like to visit to Chiang Mai again.

6331513955_75b3688f4c.jpg

Last edited:
I was in CM on New Year's eve's countdown and it is really a great place to visit. Agree with you.

Your photograph on the flying lantern is very sharp and clear. May i know what lens and what setting are you using. I tried to shoot flying lantern as well but unfortunately it turned out very blur.

I was in CM on New Year's eve's countdown and it is really a great place to visit. Agree with you.

Your photograph on the flying lantern is very sharp and clear. May i know what lens and what setting are you using. I tried to shoot flying lantern as well but unfortunately it turned out very blur.

Yup, CM is a colorful place. I would love to visit there again.

I was using Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 for shooting the flying lantern. Initially we also didn't know how to shoot, but our tour guide also someone who is into photography. He was telling us to increase the ISO. Before they started the mass light up, I was trying few settings.

Eventually my setting was: f2.8 | ISO2000 | 1/80

Hope it helps.

The beautiful scene not only attracted the tourist, but also the local to capture the pretty moment.

6332259758_ab4bfea971.jpg

Last edited:
2 local ladies in their traditional wear were preparing for the lantern. The local believe it brings luck.

6331486051_fc03af3aac.jpg

Last edited:
Love your floating lanterns pics, amazing to see so many releasing the lanterns. :)

Let's have some beauty of nature from Chiang Mai. :D

Golden paddy field under the warmth sun and cooling weather.

6333881455_9f979966f2.jpg

Last edited: