Status
Not open for further replies.
ST_sg said:
All good, but I pick pic #3 the best of them :thumbsup:
Care to share how's the setup?

Cheers! :)
Setup
Pic 1 & 2:
Back ground is mahjong paper, thats the only setup. I used internal flash of 300D and did a bit of PSing..

Pic 3 & 4 & 5:
No Mahjong paper but you need a sun. :D

Used the natural sunlight from the window, no flash ..

Thanks for ya comments ST ;)

JAG

Jun 18, 2004
SG
www.pbase.com
oh good work with using the sun., gave it the precise warm effect

v'sion

Apr 18, 2003
Tampines(Singapore)
Visit site
Too many unwanted reflections n unnecessory shadow on all the pics look to messy for general product shots. Play around wif reflectors like white, black cardboard/paper n also small mirror to enhance your product shots. Practice make perfect ;)

ptwong

Nov 10, 2003
Yishun
ordinaryless said:
Pic 3

Comments anyone?
Like this pic but i think the bottom part a bit out of focus ( i think should keep the EAU DE COLOGNE in focus) thanks for sharing

v'sion said:
Too many unwanted reflections n unnecessory shadow on all the pics look to messy for general product shots. Play around wif reflectors like white, black cardboard/paper n also small mirror to enhance your product shots. Practice make perfect ;)
Very helpful comments from you, thank you. You pointed out things which i think are pretty true, things which i didn't take notice.

You mentioned there are too many unwanted reflections in the pic but u also suggested me to use reflectors, hmmz, so is there any hard and fast rule which define what are good or bad reflections or isit just the feel that matters?

Pinkishy said:
i love Pic #3 :thumbsup: !!
geoyip said:
Very Nice :thumbsup: my favorite goes to pic 3 as well :)
Pink and Geo, i appreciate ya kind words.. :)

ptwong said:
Like this pic but i think the bottom part a bit out of focus ( i think should keep the EAU DE COLOGNE in focus) thanks for sharing
Yep, agree with you, DOF is probably too shallow for product shots.. thank you :)

hwchoy

Jul 16, 2003
Tampines, Singapore.
www.hexazona.com
I don't think the lack of DOF in #3 is all bad. As it is it strongly sets out the brand, takes away all other details and leaves the caligraphic branding image in the reader's mind.

In a real product shoot maybe we'd even trim away the nozzle intake tube to get a clean look?

hwchoy said:
I don't think the lack of DOF in #3 is all bad. As it is it strongly sets out the brand, takes away all other details and leaves the caligraphic branding image in the reader's mind.

In a real product shoot maybe we'd even trim away the nozzle intake tube to get a clean look?
:thumbsup: good suggestion, maybe i'll try to ps away the inner tube next tiem.

Thanks for ya contributing ya views. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom