My colleague in ICU need O+ blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorree...had my lips pierced last march...gotta wait 12 mths...n i tink i'm A+

Originally posted by argent2
For those who missed out the fun of giving blood , you may
head down to the blood bank near outram park MRT.

Your gift means a lot to others who need blood as well (on a regular basis or ad hoc).

do check out whether you are eligible before donating.

You may also consider organ pledges in the meantime.

regards,
argent2

Yes, agree.

We'll never know one day (touch wood) that we might be the receipient.

I've personally donated whole blood, plasma & platelets.
Whole blood is the fastest & most convenient which takes about 30-45 mins.
Process of donating plasma is about 1-2 hrs
& platelets is about 2-3 hrs. The physical requirements are also more stringent.

Therefore if you're healthy & meet ALL the requirements,
it'll be good to go down to the blood bank periodically to donate some precious life-saving liquid.

N.B. The minimum interval period is for donating whole blood is 3 months. Plasma is 2 months.
Platelets is I think 2 days or 2 weeks, I can't remember.
It's more for donation to cancer & leukamia patients undergoing operation or chemotheraphy.

Originally posted by 007

Too bad I have been to Cambodia, Vietnam and Thailand recently, therefore I CANNOT donate blood for 3 years. ;( (reason given is Malaria )

Did you contract malaria? If just visit the country is 6 weeks right?

Attention ALL : I just received news (from IRC) that more supply of blood is needed!

Originally posted by Jason Ho
Attention ALL : I just received news (from IRC) that more supply of blood is needed!

UPZZZZZZZZZZZ

me B+, on medication for asthma and flu. :(

Physically can't help, but will pray for him.

More blood needed for the guy who met with accident....

anyone with o+ can help !!

i have gone down liao

hope it can be of any help

Guys....we need more blood again.

Got the news from my boss this afternoon that Michael (the 22 year old accident victim that we are trying to save) has develop lung infection and will need to go through surgery again. So they are again appealing for more blood.

The NUH blood donation centre (level 1) is open only in the morning tommorrow (8.30am -12 noon). So hope more people can go down again tommorrow morning.

Please help!!!

upz upz....
I got a suggestion:

Guys, please forward this email to those people in your contact lists.

Forward them to this thread....

Originally posted by SNAG
upz upz....
I got a suggestion:

Guys, please forward this email to those people in your contact lists.

Forward them to this thread....

Thanks for your suggestion....but dun make it sounds like spam mail ok...

:rbounce: :rbounce:

You know what? personnaly whenever I see this kind of email, I regard it as spam and discard it.... how many people take it seriously?

Originally posted by Silverelf
You know what? personnaly whenever I see this kind of email, I regard it as spam and discard it.... how many people take it seriously?

That's what a moderator in HWZ tot too when i post in HWZ forum...he almost wanted to delete the post away

I think what we should do is to reference the email to this thread.
Add in a notification telling people NOT to edit the email, just to pass it on....

At least we manage to reach to more people out there in these critical times right?
Just my humble suggestion.... :)

After more than 10 days....he is still unconscious and in fact the lung infection is getting worse.

Since day 1, more than 100 packets of blood have been collected. The blood bank still low in O+ blood but there is an exchange system so any blood group also can donate to him.

:rbounce: :rbounce: :rbounce: :rbounce: :rbounce:

Status
Not open for further replies.