My CF card ended up in washing machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astin

Mar 2, 2002
Astin Studio
astin.clubsnap.org
Last Friday night I did a few test shots with some newbie models, (not important ones), then my friends called me out for a birthday drink. After drunk I went home and slept. Sat early morning I went to do my shoot with the chinese costume and then magazine shoot, then late at night went home. To my horror, I found my Friday night CF card had gone into the washing machine. It is now sparkling clean, sitting on my desk, I dare not to power it up yet, waiting for it to dry 101%.
Moral of the story, they need to invent a washing machine then can auto-detect a CF card.....

Oh goodness me.... :eek:

I suppose ur images will come up sparkling clean... Perfect exposure, zero touchups needed and not to mention, the nice smell of the sun and soap powder on all ur pix ;)

we will be interested to hear what happens to the card after a wash and tumble... with detergent!

once a writer accidentally dunked my CF card into a cup of water. he fished it out immediately and shook off the water, wiped it. 1 min later the pictures still download just fine.

moral of the story is dont get drunk :bsmilie:

are you using scan disc brand? will the rescue pro help? please let us know if yr cf card survived the ordeal..... :bsmilie: if yes, i dun need to worry if i get drunk... :bsmilie:

I don't know about Austin's CF card, but mine survived .... twice :D .... LOL ....

dry it out in a dry cabinet, then load it up. should work, unless your detergent has a LOT of Li+, Na+, K+ ions... :D

Maybe all the colours of the photo's will have run :bsmilie:

I think its been demonstrated before (search for it) , CF card can stand up to nearly everything except a sledge hammer and a steam roller.

loupgarou said:
I think its been demonstrated before (search for it) , CF card can stand up to nearly everything except a sledge hammer and a steam roller.

Mmmm, nearly everything, Mmmmmm.
Now there is a challenge for owners of disguarded 16meg CF cards.

I bet it is not as spetacular as a CD disk is in a microwave for 3sec.

*Flash News Report* "There have been reports of microwave ovens blowing up all across the country today". :bsmilie:

Astin said:
Last Friday night I did a few test shots with some newbie models, (not important ones), then my friends called me out for a birthday drink. After drunk I went home and slept. Sat early morning I went to do my shoot with the chinese costume and then magazine shoot, then late at night went home. To my horror, I found my Friday night CF card had gone into the washing machine. It is now sparkling clean, sitting on my desk, I dare not to power it up yet, waiting for it to dry 101%.
Moral of the story, they need to invent a washing machine then can auto-detect a CF card.....

Wa..... :eek: Did your CF card survived the wash in the end?

Astin said:
Moral of the story ...... don't shoot and lim chew until drunk ....especially with newbie models ( i m sure you were with the models.) btw did you drive back home when you were drunk?

A couple of years back there was this story about some guy's camera ending up in the river, and he fished it out after many days. The CF still worked and his images were still there, but the camera (obviously) was dead.

chances are that it will work....
but you need to dry it fully first.....

come come... where's the betting frenzy...?

Who wants to buy?

Odds for working card 2.70
Odds for dead card 1.50
Odds that it will happen again: ???

come come... place bets now... haha...

moos blues said:
come come... where's the betting frenzy...?

Who wants to buy?

Odds for working card 2.70
Odds for dead card 1.50
Odds that it will happen again: ???

come come... place bets now... haha...

Ok, I will take you up on the bet.

10 to 1 (jars of Vegemite) it will work again
100 to 1 (Jars of Vegemite) it will happen again :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.