My Cats and the LightSphere PJ-Inverted Dome

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomcat

Nov 7, 2003
Visit site
Finally managed to get my hands on an inverted dome for my LSPJ. And test it right away on my cats. The inverted dome really works very well for direct flash shots using the LSPJ, producing very little shadows even when shot quite close up.... I was using my macro lenses for these shots.

The only quibble I have with the dome is that it is made of the same type of translucent plastic like the older version of the LightSphere and not like the transparent plastic of the LSPJ. This resulted in slightly warmer white balance than that which is achieveable with the LSPJ alone. To overcome the problem, I had to set a custom white balance when shooting with the LSPJ-Inverted Dome setup.

55158914.jpg

55158915.jpg

55158916.jpg

55158917.jpg

Wow #1 looks very big for a cat. Is it one of those serval/cat mix?

nice work again, likes your kitties, especially #2, like want to talk to you like that.

How close were you from them (in term of distance, while shooting). I still trying to learn how to use the LS2PJ+ID well.

eel said:
Wow #1 looks very big for a cat. Is it one of those serval/cat mix?
Something like that... it a Bengal, a breed that was created by crossing an Asian Leopard Cat with a domestic cat. It is not as big as the Savannah (African Serval/domestic cat cross) but it is very muscular and solidly built, quite unlike a normal domestic cat. :)

zcf said:
nice work again, likes your kitties, especially #2, like want to talk to you like that.

How close were you from them (in term of distance, while shooting). I still trying to learn how to use the LS2PJ+ID well.
Thanks.
I was shooting at a distance of about 2 ft away from them most of the time.

Thanks. I really like it sharp nowadays especially with increasing longsightedness with old age. :( And it helps to be using a super sharp Olympus macro lens for such shots.

I have 14 cats at last count by the way. ;)

Great shots, I used to own a LSPJ. Sold it cos im too embarrassed to brg it out to shoot often enough.

I have to admit it works well, but it was like a tumour I had to remove

Lunar New Year Greetings from my cats.

file.jpg

Miu Miu

file.jpg

Ki Ki

A few more freshly taken LSPJ shots.

file.jpg

Nobby

file.jpg

Puffy

file.jpg