My calibrated monitors look pinkish.. Is this correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNAG

Jun 14, 2002
Visit site
Hi there all!
Got a Eye-One Display, and calibrated all my displays. However, all my CRTs look slightly pinkish after calibration (to my looks).

I calibrated using both Advanced and Easy options, and both look the same.

Just to ask, is this correct? I'm not sure if I have missed anything out when calibrating.

Thanks a lot!

My color temp is set to 7500, but after calibration, the color temp seems to look different. I've been using rather high K presets on my monitors, and that 7500K is slightly on the cool side.

I'm really not sure as to whether this is due to me not being comfortable with the calibrated displays.

I've calibrated 2 CRTs so far, and they all look pinkish.
Anyone can remember if they encountered this when they calibrated their first monitor? :dunno:

NB: Used i1Match 3.0.

were u using higher temperature last time?

I was using 10000K last time until I found out that I should use 6500K, and at first, the white looks pinkish too...need sometimes to get use to it

Wai said:
were u using higher temperature last time?

I was using 10000K last time until I found out that I should use 6400K, and at first, the white looks pinkish too...need sometimes to get use to it

I was using at temperatures around the range of 7500 and above... :)
So I guess I'll have to get used to it though.

Perhaps you try editing one of the images you have on the calibrated screen and see if any others here with a proper calibrated machine can tell if it's calibrated properly or not?

I think the colour temperature is important as 6500k is normal light condition which have a bit yellowish tinge while 10000k have a bit blueish tinge.

Status
Not open for further replies.