my c-1 died!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowcrash

Jan 18, 2002
Western SG
Visit site
Just bought a olympus c-1 and it cannot power on when I try it at home!!! ;(

Any idea can I ask to exchange a new one at the service centre??

Originally posted by Snowcrash

didn't test when u bought it ?

Tested ok when I was at the shop. Manage to shoot some shots with the provided litium batt on the way home somemore.

Go home charge up the GP battery and tried. Cannot power on!!!
Try alkaline also cannot.

Bring back to shop.... test with their batteries...also cannot. and they say must bring to service centre.

:cry:

anyone else uses c-1 or olympus exhange policy?

Tested ok when I was at the shop. Manage to shoot some shots with the provided litium batt on the way home somemore.

Go home charge up the GP battery and tried. Cannot power on!!!
Try alkaline also cannot.

Bring back to shop.... test with their batteries...also cannot. and they say must bring to service centre.

:cry:

anyone else uses c-1 or olympus exhange policy?
Which shop did you buy from? Even AP allow you to change!:eek:

Bought at AP on 16/03

bring back today 17/03....:dunno:

Say cannot change.... say tested ok at shop when I buy.

Must bring to service centre...

Bring to oly ....

Bought at AP on 16/03

bring back today 17/03....:dunno:

Say cannot change.... say tested ok at shop when I buy.

Must bring to service centre...
Ya, bring to Oly loh. How come others can change at AP? What is this crab about tested already. Which sales guy you talk to? Steven will probably change for you. :dunno:

How much did you pay for it. I am checkinfg for a Friend. Do you happen to know the price of Oly C-2?

Then ask for a 1-to-1 exchange @ Oly Sg...make a helluva noise if they don't...show them receipt that the DC is less than 1 week old..but it died a natural death...

I went down to Oly service centre yesterday.

The lady there say cannot exchange as they do not have stock of C-1. I make 'noise' that I need it urgently and I just bought it 2 days ago!!

So she promise to rectify it by lunchtime (I was there at 9.30am).

I went back at 11.30am. Camera serviced! They say it is a small problem (fuse blown).

:)

Now will carry this camera with me everyday. I bought this to replace my Mju-II and save film money.

Well, I choose Oly C-1 over fujifilm A101as I have confident Oly will provide good customer service.

Good to hear that you've got your camera serviced. Olympus customer service is pretty good...

Originally posted by Kevin
How much did you pay for it. I am checkinfg for a Friend. Do you happen to know the price of Oly C-2?

$330 at AP.

don't know abt C-2.

CP and John3:16 price higher by $20-$50 but If I will to buy again I will go there than AP!!!

Originally posted by Klause
Good to hear that you've got your camera serviced. Olympus customer service is pretty good...

I totally agreed! I did service my Mju-II there. That's why get DC also consider olympus first loh!

I went down to Oly service centre yesterday.

The lady there say cannot exchange as they do not have stock of C-1. I make 'noise' that I need it urgently and I just bought it 2 days ago!!

So she promise to rectify it by lunchtime (I was there at 9.30am).

I went back at 11.30am. Camera serviced! They say it is a small problem (fuse blown).

:)

Now will carry this camera with me everyday. I bought this to replace my Mju-II and save film money.

Well, I choose Oly C-1 over fujifilm A101as I have confident Oly will provide good customer service.

Great ! take pics and post it here :)

$330 at AP.

don't know abt C-2.

CP and John3:16 price higher by $20-$50 but If I will to buy again I will go there than AP!!!
Thanks...

I know your feeling as I got an immediate replacement from John3:16 for my C2040.

Really to be frank, John 3:16 service really better :)

Been buying things there even though a tad exp than other places....

Status
Not open for further replies.