Sengkang
www.emomentz.com
Comments are welcome!

29456412.jpg

29456413.jpg

29456414.jpg

29456415.jpg

29456411.jpg

The first shot is good, nice composition. The 2 tiny 'tails' & hindwing portion a bit OOF due to shallow DOF, just a minor nit.

Good composition & BG for the 2nd peacock pansy pic, but again the wingtip OOF. Try to increase DOF by stop down a stop or two.

The lime butterfly (pic 4 from top) is excellent. Nice composition, and you got the whole butt in focus. :thumbsup:

Last pic: would have better if the whole butt were in focus.

Just my 2 cts...good attempt and keep shooting.

I like yr 3rd & lime butts shots! :thumbsup:

Great capture of the lime butt. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It's amazing to see photos of butterflies in the forum. I often missed my shots on butterflies, shooting them requires lots of patience. Butterfly photos always turn out to be so predictable. When is the time where there something more than the usual? :dunno:

Thanks Garion, Falcon and FujiS2 for the nice comments and advise.

I still find butterfly is harder to take than bee :cry: All this is just lucky shots :)

dannynys said:
It's amazing to see photos of butterflies in the forum. I often missed my shots on butterflies, shooting them requires lots of patience. Butterfly photos always turn out to be so predictable. When is the time where there something more than the usual? :dunno:

Danny, I agree with you it's not easy.. so far i have no tips or tricks on how to approach the butterfly maybe some guru here can teach u :)

As for me just lucky enough the butt stay still for me :lovegrin:

The lime butt is good. :thumbsup:

macross said:
The lime butt is good. :thumbsup:

Thanks macross,

I personall don't like the lime butt, initially decided not to post it.

Still prefer a clean background :)

Anyway can anyone help me with the name of #1 and #2 butt?

Thanks

#1 & 5: Cycad Blue
#2 & 3: Peacock Pansy
#4 : Lime Butterfly

Nice shots sonix.

#1 Cycad Blue and #3Peacock Pansy get the wote from me.

I love the Lime Butterfly from sideview, never seen it open its wings before. Unfortunately it always tends to rest in areas with bad background.

Status
Not open for further replies.