tomshen

Feb 20, 2002
Singapore
020414_15_small_14.jpg

020414_15_small_15.jpg

020414_15_small_16.jpg

020414_15_small_17.jpg

wow...

your D60 + what lenes ar? beautiful contrast there...esp the first few shots.....the detail of the feather are great! did u shot at RAW?? using the full 6MP??

drool~

wonder if my D30 can do that too....

BTW, this part 2 is much better IMO

thx, kamwai. I think there are still a million aspects to be improved in the future :embrass:

All taken with Sigma 70-200/2.8 + 1.4x TC except the last two (with 2x TC). Shot in jpg large fine, not RAW. Don't have time to process big RAW file. Large files leave me much bigger room to crop. D30 is also a great camera. Given time and luck, you may get yours!

Originally posted by tomshen
thx, kamwai. I think there are still a million aspects to be improved in the future :embrass:

All taken with Sigma 70-200/2.8 + 1.4x TC except the last two (with 2x TC). Shot in jpg large fine, not RAW. Don't have time to process big RAW file. Large files leave me much bigger room to crop. D30 is also a great camera. Given time and luck, you may get yours!

Sigma 70-200/2.8....is that what bluestrike using too?

now i am still using a 38-76/f4.5-5.6 borrowed from Klause....have to get used to the camera's function and features first....

hmm...look like 1.4x TC gives much sharper pic...did your camera shake too much or the object wasn't in focus yet?

I like the one of the mandarin splashing and the flamingo stretching, pity some of the others (egret?) are not sharp. Flamingo stretching one could have benefitted from shallower DOF though.

The first 3, the eyes of the ducks don't seem to be critically sharp? Subject movement i guess? I think the duck splashing is the nicest.

Thanks for all of yr comments!

I was disappointed at the beginning when found that most pix are blur for some reasons (shallow DOF, motion blur, hand shake etc.). Now I know it's the way for any photographer to pass in order to master the principle of light, framing, and equipment, and catch the opportunities when they come.

A nice start to me :)

Well, with that attitude, you're certainly on the right road to learning all about it! Good luck!

Once again. Jed, Ckiang and StreetShooter, thx for yr kind words. Wish to meet u some day and share yr experience;p

Makes me drool lah....anyway , I feel that not many birds you can take in JBP cos all behind "bars". All the pics I have seen so far are quite the same few species....right?

Status
Not open for further replies.