My baby nephew

conqueror

May 23, 2006
Hello,

This is my first attempt at shooting baby. Few days ago, I went to my cousin's housewarming and got chance to spend some "private time" with my baby nephew after the party. Even though it was only 10-15 mins, there are some photos that I do love and wish to share. Hope to receive your feedback :)

1. Cute little boy with long eye lashes and chubby cheeks. I can kiss him all night long!
5359654580_af76b69f37_b.jpg

2. Am I good?
5359655650_aa173e0f1b_b.jpg

3. Yummy little fingers
5359041089_b985198279_b.jpg

5359653968_d0b44659a9_b.jpg

Hi conqueror,

Nice nick btw. I adore especially the first shot! The catchlight in his eyes bring out the "innocence" in all babies!
I remember when I photographed mine at his 3rd month, their eyes are amazingly reflective even under the smallest amount of light. Juz like diamond!

For #6, You can consider shorten the shutterspeed to 1/250 with your 50 1.4 and get in a little closer to crop off the yellow towel and bottles.
Try framing in your mind first then take the shot. It works for me everytime.

I am guessing your nephew is around 3-5 months (Probably still weak to support his neck). Next time you visit, U may try putting him on his tummy and take a few shots. Usually, they will look cuter in tat position without their double chin! Try peek a boo for giggling.

Great work for first attempt!

Cheers mate. :)

Hi,

thanks alot for your comment :heart: You're right, my nephew is 5 month old ;)

Yes, their eyes are indeed like diamond. And I like their facial expressions too! This time, as I wasn't prepared for any photo shoot, I only brought 17-55 with me. Maybe I should bring along the whole bag next time. Haha... Anyway, 50mm 1.4 needs manual focus (and I'm quite bad at this :()

I will take note of the shutter speed next time. I tend to pay more attention to aperture and leave shutter speed for the cam to handle :embrass: Actually, I took more photos, but most of them are not sharp as the baby kept kicking and moving ;p

I'm just a newbie. There is still much room to improve. Hope to receive more C&C to improve my skill

Its shot of the baby... Keep up the good work..

As what TS has mentioned about #06. Shutter Speed will help to freeze the baby action and thus u wun see the matrix action.. ^^

You might wan to consider framing the photo up so that it looks much more nicer? use those freeware software to help u do it :D just a suggestion.

hairy man, like my son.... haha. nice shots