My April's Fool prank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Goi

ClubSNAP Idol
Staff member
Hi.

Quite an impromptu one, just to spice up a routine and stressful day in school.

Played a trick on my Primary 5 pupils today ...

AG: Class settle down. I have some news for you.
Class: You're getting married?
AG: No lah ... after recess I'll be introducing a new teacher to you.
Class: Why leh?
AG: Are you guys aware that I'm doing my part-time studies?
Class: Ya ... we know ... (sounding a little confused)
AG: Ok something pleasant had happened to me ... as part of my programme, I am suppose to write research papers and one of US Universities like my work and they have offered me a scholarship to do my PHD with them.
Class: Har? What is PHD?
AG: Well, it's a higher degree programme and once I complete it, I'll be addressed as Dr. Goi.
Class: Wah ... (the pupils applauded)
AG: ... and this brings me to the new teacher whom I'll be introducing to you. I'll be away from the school and Singapore for the next 2.5 years and next week will be my last.
Class: ... (became silent)
AG: I'm sorry that I couldn't prepare all of you any earlier and I hope you can understand that chances like this comes once in a lifetime ... I'm really sorry and I'm going to miss all of you ...
Class: ... (still silent)
AG: Come on ... we can still keep in touch right? Let me give you my email address ...

Some pupils quickly took out their notebooks while the rest tore out pages from their exercise books.

I marched to the board and wrote the following ...

LOL! :bsmilie: That's a good one!

Larry said:
so have you gotten any hate-mail yet? wahahahaah
I guessed the students threw the notebooks and pens at him straight away! :bsmilie:

Drudkh said:
I guessed the students threw the notebooks and pens at him straight away! :bsmilie:

Not really ... not all of them saw through the prank at once ... I could tell because I saw some of them faithfully and at all seriousness took down the email address letter for letter ... ;)

Adam Goi said:
Not really ... not all of them saw through the prank at once ... I could tell because I saw some of them faithfully and at all seriousness took down the email address letter for letter ... ;)
wah.. bluff children... bad bad Mr Goi!

haha ... nice one there =P ... pity JC teachers are pretty bad at april fools pranks :S ...

:eek: ......:faint:
:hammer:

:hammer:

.....lao shi pian ren..~~~

Expiredyoghurt said:
haha ... nice one there =P ... pity JC teachers are pretty bad at april fools pranks :S ...

regulars are also bad at receiving..... was planning to call our officers and tell her that one of the stores is on fire but decided against that :bsmilie:

Expiredyoghurt said:
wahh ... Mr Goi .. how many of your students are cs members?

If i have such a teacher i will surely :mad2:

ha, no offence meant Adam ;)

my boys' parents were supposed to come later this evening for a parents' talk hosted by my school, so before recess, i told my class this... (note: they're P2)

me: boys, most of your parents are coming tonight for the parents' talk, right?

boys: yes...

me: boys, did you know how tiring it is for the teachers to stay the whole day in school from before 7am to 9pm?

boys: uh-huh....

me: so remember, all of you will be going back home just after recess. enjoy the long break...

boys: *surprised look* REALLY? but you didn't tell us!!!

me: i'm not bluffing you, alright?

boys: YAAAAY!!!!

*did other stuff for about 10-15 minutes, to "finalize" it in their minds....*

me: APRIL'S FOOL!!!! :bsmilie:

not as bad as adam's but i'll learn. ;)

adam, i suggest that each of your students be allowed to use their rulers to whack your butt... :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.