My aperture blade clogged

Status
Not open for further replies.

aosis

Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
I just realised my lens aperture blade clogged. What can i do?

Is there oil on the blades? if so then they need a thorough cleaning and the camera needs to be dismantled, what lens is it? A manual lens or AF? I suggest you go to the dealer and request for a quotation first (tell them to only repair if it is below an amount you are comfortable with, beyond that NO repair! But ask them towrite this agreement down just in case thay later do repair it and charge you more which does happen).

If the blades are dry maybe one of the got stucked and you may try to hit the lens with your hands, do not bang them on the table.....:)

Good luck!

Hong Sien

It's a MF Carl Zeiss Jena lens. How much roughly will it be to repair ?

Originally posted by aosis
It's a MF Carl Zeiss Jena lens. How much roughly will it be to repair ?

Which one?

135 1/3.5

Just read your posting again and if you haven't sent it out for repair/cleaning: go to this small shop called Cam_ix at peninsula shoping center groundfloor (same building as The Camera Workshop (TCW)) and give it to the owner. His repairman is one of the best in town for mechanical cameras /lenses repair cleaning.....in your case I estimate it tobe about SGD 25-45.

Hong Sien

Thanks Hong Sien. It's repaired. The clogging is due to some broken lever for the blades.

Status
Not open for further replies.