My A70 Super Macro Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
See already look soo pro sia ! did u made the stand thats holding the flash yourself? have u ever bring it out ? i guess it will invite lots of ppl to look at you ! :) but seriously i think its nothing to be ashame of, it looked really cool !

leeter said:
did u made the stand thats holding the flash yourself? have u ever bring it out ? i guess it will invite lots of ppl to look at you ! :) but seriously i think its nothing to be ashame of, it looked really cool !
There is no shame to use my setup outside. I should be proud of it :D

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
btw how much is this setup? ;p
Sorry you cannot get this setup off shelve from CP, AP or other camera shop :p
Never calculate the breakdown yet, should be less than $600 for newly setup

ThomasD said:
don't really understand how the slave flash is triggered.
The slave flash will work upon any flash reaches its sensor (on top of the flash head) from Canon A70 internal flash. There is a small rectangular cardboard paste at below the A70 internal flash tilted an angle to reflect the flash upwards. You have to set the camera in Manual mode so that the flash can sync with the slave flash.

howah! awe-inspiring! impressed. i'm just wondering what's the 0.8 digital zoom for? why do u need 3.8x instead of 3x optical? any theory behind it? 3.8x = 133mm, 3x = 105mm. is tt e reason?

davsmiths said:
howah! awe-inspiring! impressed. i'm just wondering what's the 0.8 digital zoom for? why do u need 3.8x instead of 3x optical? any theory behind it? 3.8x = 133mm, 3x = 105mm. is tt e reason?
To remove the vignetting

megaweb said:
The slave flash will work upon any flash reaches its sensor (on top of the flash head) from Canon A70 internal flash. There is a small rectangular cardboard paste at below the A70 internal flash tilted an angle to reflect the flash upwards. You have to set the camera in Manual mode so that the flash can sync with the slave flash.

Can I use my 420EX as slave flash in this case? Never thought that a slave flash can be triggered in this way, thought you need a remote sensor or something. Pls pardon my ignorance.

ThomasD said:
Can I use my 420EX as slave flash in this case? Never thought that a slave flash can be triggered in this way, thought you need a remote sensor or something. Pls pardon my ignorance.
420EX can use as slave if trigger wirelessly by 550EX (master) or ST-E2. If you are using digital camera internal flash, 420EX will not work. If you are using G or Pro series, you can use "Off-Camera Shoe Cord 2" for your 420EX.

Btw, the Achiever 115A/SSlave Flash costs around $20++ ...

Regards

megaweb said:
420EX can use as slave if trigger wirelessly by 550EX (master) or ST-E2. If you are using digital camera internal flash, 420EX will not work. If you are using G or Pro series, you can use "Off-Camera Shoe Cord 2" for your 420EX.

Btw, the Achiever 115A/SSlave Flash costs around $20++ ...

Regards

Thanks for answering my question. Will go and hunt for the Achiever..

Any idea the 580EX can trigger the 420EX?

EXCELLENT!!!

but how u make sure exposure is ok?
did u manually adjust slave flash until exposure is good?

how much is the flash bracket?

but bro for 600 might as well get a g5 and use the "macro trick" with it... super duper useful man

thomaschan said:
EXCELLENT!!!

but how u make sure exposure is ok?
did u manually adjust slave flash until exposure is good?

how much is the flash bracket?

but bro for 600 might as well get a g5 and use the "macro trick" with it... super duper useful man
exposure should be good if you follow my steps on "HOW TO TAKE" at my article. my slave is used for fill-in flash only.

not sure abt flash bracket but u can try to look it at CP

what G5 "macro trick" ? :dunno:

g5 macro trick allow u to achieve SUPER macro distance + magnification w/o any added accessories..

some guy found out that u could actually do it on the g5! its so good u can even focus on the dust particles on the lens itself......

thomaschan said:
g5 macro trick allow u to achieve SUPER macro distance + magnification w/o any added accessories..

some guy found out that u could actually do it on the g5! its so good u can even focus on the dust particles on the lens itself......
:bigeyes: but never heard of it ... dun think super macro can take 1cm = full frame :confused:

Thanks for the info .. :)

:thumbsup: Excellent pictures, and I can't believe the pictures were taken by A70... speechless :thumbsup:

Wow - amazing macro photos - i must try!!

Megaweb, pardon the ignorance but where can i buy the L brackets (with the holes) and the screws to attach to 1. the camera tripod mount, 2. the flash?

Many thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.