my 300d conked up

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainman

Apr 4, 2004
In my own world
Anyone here know the construction of the mirror assembly?

Flip up the mirror and found that it is actually made up of 2 parts...behind the mirror there is another thin flim of mirror which has a kind of trapezial shape.

So the problems I'm facing now is When the mirror flipped up, this pc of mirror which is behind the main mirror does not flipped up ,hence causing 3/4 black patch on all the photos....blocking the CCD

Tried manually flipped the rear mirror up and everythings work fine but loses all the AF function and see a very faint trapezial shape thru the viewfinder...
Strange...Hope to self diagnose before bring it back to canon for servicing....

Gotta wait for 1 week again :confused:

jbma

Dec 28, 2003
Tampines
IMHO send it back to Canon. I assume it is under warranty right? Don't want to be fooling around with the mirror. Might cause more damage.

Wai

Jan 17, 2002
South Pole with Penguin
singastro.org
Wah, don't seems to be simple problem

if i were you, i won't take the risk and try to fix it, will send to canon straight away, esp when it is under warranty.

I guess you dun want your warranty to be void because of this right

actionman

Mar 22, 2004
www.flickr.com
i am wandering, for those 300D users who have hacked their cameras, will canon still services them when this type of problem occurs? thanks

jbma

Dec 28, 2003
Tampines
I doubt so. These companies are always looking for a reason to void a warranty and thus charge you for it.

rainman

Apr 4, 2004
In my own world
Wai said:
Wah, don't seems to be simple problem

if i were you, i won't take the risk and try to fix it, will send to canon straight away, esp when it is under warranty.

I guess you dun want your warranty to be void because of this right

Yah...luckily it's still under warranty :)

Need to find time to go down to the service centre..stupid timing lah should at least operate on Sat 1/2 a day and off on one of the weekday wat....

Need to take timeoff to go down....

Reyon

Jul 9, 2004
rainman said:
Yah...luckily it's still under warranty :)

Need to find time to go down to the service centre..stupid timing lah should at least operate on Sat 1/2 a day and off on one of the weekday wat....

Need to take timeoff to go down....

I think they open till 7 pm on wed or thurs
maybe u can call them up first

JAG

Jun 18, 2004
SG
www.pbase.com
better get it looked at by canon.. might break something if you play with it too much

rainman

Apr 4, 2004
In my own world
JAG said:
better get it looked at by canon.. might break something if you play with it too much

hehe....decided to skive before lunch time and make a trip down to Canon...
whoever saw me go down later will know its me lah :)

sumball

Jul 8, 2003
Make sure you recert to the original firmware and if there is no problem,.... I dun think you have anything to tell the Canon guys that the mirror flip 3/4 not full cos in the first place, 300D original firmware doesnt come with this feature...

Good luck and as mentioned by YC, may the force be with you... waiting for the release of the Star Wars trilogy DVD set in Sep! :D

rainman

Apr 4, 2004
In my own world
Yah..Thanks guys. Say nothing to them lah..Just say cannot work and its under warranty :)

Just went down with scud just now to service center...met the ger :embrass: forget abt her name though...not very friendly to me leh (Probably I'm not handsome enough..keke :cry: )

Yes, the force will only be back with me in 2 weeks time.

BTW I'm not really a starwar fans..keke Prefer the #6 C in catwoman :devil:

was looking fwd for the show The Blade Trinity :thumbsup:

y0ngcheng

Nov 24, 2003
新加坡
rainman said:
Just went down with scud just now to service center...met the ger :embrass: forget abt her name though...not very friendly to me leh (Probably I'm not handsome enough..keke :cry: )
:bsmilie::bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.