My 2nd try at Boat Quay! :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitz

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
www.blitzstorm.com
Hee tonight went down to Boat Quay again (from another angle) to try now since I'm more familar with my cam now.

aae.sized.jpg

Flash used: No
Focal length: 7.3mm
Exposure time: 0.125 s (1/8)
Aperture: f/1.8
ISO equiv.: 200
Metering Mode: matrix
Exposure: program (auto)
JPG Quality: normal
Jpeg process: Baseline

aaf.sized.jpg

Exposure time: 0.625 s

aaj.sized.jpg

Focal length: 21.0mm
Exposure time: 0.769 s
Aperture: f/2.6

aag.sized.jpg

Exposure time: 0.250 s (1/4)
Exposure bias: -1.00

aak.sized.jpg

Comments pls, hope this time I've improve than the previous ones I've posted! :D

Got somemore pics though, on the other side of the river. Those looks nice but all got ruined by noises! Example is the last pic where I have to use Paint Shop pro to remove the noises..... So sad :cry:

And lastly, my first try at my cam's panaroma function:

aad.sized.jpg

All the above pictures can be found full-sized inside my gallery as well :)

1 suggestions for you to try

1) go before the sky gets dark

in this way, you won't need a long shutter speed and you won't get noise

tnquay2.jpg

Originally posted by rueyloon
1 suggestions for you to try

1) go before the sky gets dark

in this way, you won't need a long shutter speed and you won't get noise

tnquay2.jpg

Hey thanks rueyloon....that's a great suggestion I nebber thought of that hee :D But during that period can still consider night shot?

And the sky colour will be something like the picture u've shown? (Me like blue :) )

Blitz, your shots are a ted underexposed. Did you bracket? Note that long exposure are prone to RF (recirprocity failure) of film.

rueyloon, just checked out your website. Nice pics. However, quite a bit messy, hor?

Show us the settings, Blitz. So that we can know what pointers to give. ;)

Hi Blitz,

The 1st shot look rather underexposed to me. The 2nd one a little underexposed but still ok, but the composition needs some work. The rest of the shots looks blur... might be out of focus or camera shake. Did you use a remote or timer as trigger?

You should try a longer exposure. In different time frame like 30s, 45s, 60s etc. Play with the aperture setting to gain different effect.

Just my 2 cents.

the sky is too dark... complete darkness... if u expose more can make a black sky into a nice tone of blue sky...

Originally posted by Mouse
Blitz, your shots are a ted underexposed. Did you bracket? Note that long exposure are prone to RF (recirprocity failure) of film.

Hee yeah hor I've forgotten to bracket too... :( Anyways I'm using a digi cam so does that RF factor applies too? Wat is RF by the way ah? Thanks!

Originally posted by ziploc
Hi Blitz,

The 1st shot look rather underexposed to me. The 2nd one a little underexposed but still ok, but the composition needs some work. The rest of the shots looks blur... might be out of focus or camera shake. Did you use a remote or timer as trigger?

I'm using all timer for the above shots. Realize that the hand motion while pressing the button manually is quite unbearable while taking night shots.

The rest I think maybe could be due to out of focus....maybe I next time switch to M mode and use a smaller aperture then.....

Funny thing is on my LCD screen, the pic looks very well exposed but when upload to my PC, becomes so dark.... Does this happens to all digicams?

Thanks ziploc!

Originally posted by extreme2
You should try a longer exposure. In different time frame like 30s, 45s, 60s etc. Play with the aperture setting to gain different effect.

Just my 2 cents.

Hee my cam only up to 16 sec :D

yep was thinking maybe next time I use a smaller aperture settings but seems that my oly digicam produces a lot of noise :(

Originally posted by franciskc
the sky is too dark... complete darkness... if u expose more can make a black sky into a nice tone of blue sky...

Black sky can turn blue? This I gotta try. Normally how long do I need to expose? 2 sec and above?

Thanks franciskc!

Status
Not open for further replies.