Drudkh

Mar 2, 2004
lulu island
9051_p122533.jpg

9051_p122534.jpg

9051_p122535.jpg

All pictures are cropped.
Added noise on purpose to make it look old? :embrass:

hmm, I think you got the right idea about adding grain but I personally feel that the grain is a bit overdone. I don't know if it's just me, but your first two shots look slanted.. I keep wanting to tilt my head to the right. I also feel that the second shot could be much better if there is a train going through the tracks as you take the picture, or if there's someone/something on/by the tracks. The tracks by itself doesn't do it for me.

But overall, the atmosphere is there! :thumbsup: I feel as if I'm in 70's Singapore..

justarius said:
hmm, I think you got the right idea about adding grain but I personally feel that the grain is a bit overdone. I don't know if it's just me, but your first two shots look slanted.. I keep wanting to tilt my head to the right. I also feel that the second shot could be much better if there is a train going through the tracks as you take the picture, or if there's someone/something on/by the tracks. The tracks by itself doesn't do it for me.

But overall, the atmosphere is there! :thumbsup: I feel as if I'm in 70's Singapore..

Thanks a lot for your comments! For the 1st picture, i used the traffic pole as guide for vertical alignment against the grid lines on my cam, so I thought the horizontal alignment should be right? :dunno:

i know this has got nothing to do with this thread... but where is this place?? :D

KNIGHT ONG said:
1st two shots look okay.

3rd shot is out for me .. ;p

Thanks, nothing to shoot so I just anyhow huntum. ;p

KNIGHT ONG said:
I think you huntum the wrong shot .. :devil:

Thanks. I will not anyhow huntum wrong shots in future. :embrass:

Drudkh said:
Thanks a lot for your comments! For the 1st picture, i used the traffic pole as guide for vertical alignment against the grid lines on my cam, so I thought the horizontal alignment should be right? :dunno:

ah, I now know why for your first shot I keep wanting to look to the right: that's because of your sloping diagonal roof leading to the right... so my eye naturally followed it, but there's nothing attention grabbing enough for my eye to rest on, so went on out of the frame, leading to a slanted feeling...

portrait of a railway station...u give me new ideas :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.