My 1st Wedding Photo attempt

Status
Not open for further replies.
some pic are soft focusing. For the black & white, i suggest u to play more on the contrast.. it look very grey to me... its the feeling.. i guess. IMO.
Cheers

josho said:
some pic are soft focusing. For the black & white, i suggest u to play more on the contrast.. it look very grey to me... its the feeling.. i guess. IMO.
Cheers

hmm, how can i improve contract? hee use PS?

Hi there... Hope you don't mind comments from an amateur. :)

For starters, I think that you have a good sense of composition in most of your shots and that's a skill that is not easy to learn. So keep it up! I'm still trying to learn too...

For the blurring of subjects, I'm assuming that it's most of it is actually the subject moving and not you... ;p So maybe you'd like to play around with your ISO to get a slightly shorter Shutter lag. Esp when you're indoors. Maybe ISO 200. Flash photography would help too.

But if it's a bright and sunny day and the shots are still blur, chances are, it's your hand bro... :bsmilie:

Try to learn a little photoshop. Once you find out about Levels, curves and Noise reducing, it'll help... :)

Snap on... ;)

rawbean said:
thanks,

how abt contracts? do i do it fm PS or there's some tips on that?

Erm... Do you mean contrast?

Yes, for contrast you can use PS to increase contrast. From what I understand a lot of people use Curves to increase it but I'm not exactly the best person to ask for this case because I'm really very new at this too.

Anyone else? :)

Playing with contrast may lead you to a bad color saturation and hue.

For a start, try to check the histogram, and play with the leveling. Sometime the color(or in black and white term, the grey tone) could be due to over or under exposure. Change of leveling will somehow help in maintaining the color hue and saturation.

a firmer grip on the camera, plus a flash would help. it is quite grainy in some pics, those i suppose you used iso 200 or 400?

nikkie said:
a firmer grip on the camera, plus a flash would help. it is quite grainy in some pics, those i suppose you used iso 200 or 400?

It is only 72ppi, sure is grainy. :)

Below is something that I just tried out, hope he does not mind:

HandandLiliescompare.jpg

hmmmm did u just decrease contrast?
it looks flatter now... less life..
hmmmmmmmm the original looks like got a lil bit more impact.
LOL of coz, just an noob speaking here..

unseen said:

Just played with leveling, nothing else....a quick job, thus, not taking note about flat or not though.... :)

:) digital magic..
and to think they used to do all these with chemicals. a drop more, a drop less..
man..

unseen said:

hee, me still prefer the original :p

Hi there rawbean,

This is just a simple sharpening & removing of noise. (At least that's what I'll do if i had taken this pic lah) I didn't adjust your contrast or levels. Let me know what you think.

P1000910_edited-1.jpg

The end result is, haha... A sharper & less noise pic. And this is not the best the pic can be, too sleepy already. ;p Hope you don't mind a newbie's attempt. :embrass:

If i had the time I'd even attempt to isolate the ring, sharpen it and make it stand out.

Snap on bro! ;)

natnivek said:
Hi there rawbean,

This is just a simple sharpening & removing of noise. (At least that's what I'll do if i had taken this pic lah) I didn't adjust your contrast or levels. Let me know what you think.

P1000910_edited-1.jpg

The end result is, haha... A sharper & less noise pic. And this is not the best the pic can be, too sleepy already. ;p Hope you don't mind a newbie's attempt. :embrass:

If i had the time I'd even attempt to isolate the ring, sharpen it and make it stand out.

Snap on bro! ;)

clap clap, u juz did wonders ... ok i need to practice on my PS :)

Haha... I'm flattered. Thanks. But just remember that what I did was really just skimming the surface of PS. The gurus are all out there bro... :)

How come original photo is in B&W ? I think original photo is in colour right?

I think we can process the original colour photo better...

Status
Not open for further replies.