My 1st Viewable Landscape Pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

J5LLY

Apr 23, 2004

the low contrast created a nice n relaxed mood :thumbsup:

Maybe you can crop it tighter and have a higher tonal range to bring out the deep dark bamboo vs the bright walkway

Not bad, but a bit over exposure, closing down aperture 1~1.5 stop shall make it better. :cool:

Thanks for the critics, will work on it. But it was sheer hardwork under the hot sun to take this pic and the only pic from the garden.

I used a Kodak T400CN black and white film on my Canon 300 and put it under 'landscape' mode to compose this. I'll try exploring using manual functions with little more practise.

nice!
chinese gardens izzit?
if only the manmade elements inside are replaced by something natural... hehe
good job

ziedrich said:
nice!
chinese gardens izzit?
if only the manmade elements inside are replaced by something natural... hehe
good job

Yes, it's from Chinese Garden. The place look quite "deserted" on weekdays, probably good for photographers to take their time.

yah looks abit over exposed... if its darker it'll be great! :)

www.webwes.com
wes :D

The low contrast in the pic is because there is not much tonal range in the scene you were shooting (essentially the entire scene is green and equally lit). Where there is not much tonal range, BWs tend to look flat. It may be worthwhile to shoot at a different time when there are more shadows so that there is a range of light/dark areas in the scene.

I see :)
Timing of the day is important for a good snapshot too. Thanks for advise :cool:

hmmmm...try spot or centreweighted metering next time???

anyway...i luv the mood...

Status
Not open for further replies.