My 1st Orchid Picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnoor

Sep 1, 2006
254808724_d354f1e0bc.jpg
254850760_31a26587fe.jpg

Hi everyone,

May I have your frank opinion abt these two pictures. Never taken orchid photos before, so just trying it out now. Hmmm, not that easy as I thought! Photos snapped abt an hour apart.

Here's the exiff data:-

Focal Length: 70mm
Exposure Mode: Manual
Metering Mode: Multi-Pattern
1/20 sec - F/5.6
Exposure Comp.: +1.0 EV
Sensitivity: ISO 200
Tripod & extension tube were used.

Thx in advance.

Since u got Tripod ... u can reduce the Aperture Size (for example F16) to get more DOF ... If you can, try to use reflector or Flash Light to do some fill in on the flower

255506234_b673b421f9.jpg

Alamak..... so poor one with 1/16 of the flash power!

How many dendrobiums hybrids am I gonna see?

If you really want some outstanding and exotic orchids, try to grab a pass into the coolhouse. There's alot of endangered species of orchids I would gurantee you never seen in your life there...

(While you're there..if phalaenopsis pulchra is in flower, grab a pic for me!)

Chew Siow Meng, thx for the link.. very informative.

Johnaturn, I also like the second one.

Wisp, I am sorry, as I have said, I am completely new to orchids, those names you mentioned sound greek to me. Nevertheless, with time, I will certainly be more comfortable with them.

Thanks all of u.

Chew Siow Meng, thx for the link.. very informative.

Johnaturn, I also like the second one.

Wisp, I am sorry, as I have said, I am completely new to orchids, those names you mentioned sound greek to me. Nevertheless, with time, I will certainly be more comfortable with them.

Thanks all of u.

I meant that as not a proper critique. sorry, my bad.
I meant to say if you want to look for some unique ones, come to the botanical garden's cool house.

Wisp,

Dont worry, no problem at all with ur earlier msg... the orchid flower was at my house balcony.... not at Botanical Garden.

Do u the opening hours of the Orchid Garden at SBG?

Wisp,

Dont worry, no problem at all with ur earlier msg... the orchid flower was at my house balcony.... not at Botanical Garden.

Do u the opening hours of the Orchid Garden at SBG?

Before 5pm I think.

the back lighting is nice but as others have mentioned
get more DOF by using a smaller aperture

you can also try using a reflector to reflect some light back to the flower.

Now I have the points raised and would bear this in my my mind for future shoots.

Thx ortega.

Status
Not open for further replies.