My 1st Night Photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playlif3

Nov 3, 2008
West
jastan.deviantart.com
Hi guys, this is my first post and also my first night shot using Canon 1000D and Tripod. Taken in RAW format and im kind of new in editing so pardon me, C&C Welcome. :sweat:

#1 Marina Bay
MarinaBay.jpg

#2 Merlion (Using Hoya ND4 Filter)
Merlion.jpg

#3 Clarke Quay
ClarkeQuay.jpg

#4 Esplanade
Esplanade.jpg

Hi,newbie to night photography also.your pic look quite sharp as compare to mine.Mine also look soft or hazy:(

Mind sharing your setting???;)

Thanks

Hi this are my settings

Shutter Speed: 8/1 second
F Number: F/10.0
Focal Length: 21 mm
ISO Speed: 100

Shutter Speed: 30/1 second
F Number: F/22.0
Focal Length: 18 mm

Shutter Speed: 15/1 second
F Number: F/18.0
Focal Length: 18 mm

Shutter Speed: 8/1 second
F Number: F/14.0
Focal Length: 75 mm

Thanks for sharing;) wil try on your setting

Really dun understand why my pic always look soft or hazy;(

His settings is on his EXIF

You must excuse a vegetarian for being different :p

Not everybody knows what EXIF is or how to find it, but in case someone doesn't you have to download the photo and check its properties (right click on the file then "properties" then "details").
Alternatively you can see it in Photoshop (FILE, FILE INFO, SECTION - EXIF).

Hi,newbie to night photography also.your pic look quite sharp as compare to mine.Mine also look soft or hazy:(

Mind sharing your setting???;)

Thanks

Got examples? You need a tripod and a longer shutter speed (like 1,3,10,15,20,30 seconds). This will also make your photos look brighter but at night that's a good thing.

You must excuse a vegetarian for being different :p

Not everybody knows what EXIF is or how to find it, but in case someone doesn't you have to download the photo and check its properties (right click on the file then "properties" then "details").
Alternatively you can see it in Photoshop (FILE, FILE INFO, SECTION - EXIF).

One more way is, if you are using Firefox, you can add the add-on for Exif Viewer and could view directly during browsing, not sure if there is any add-on for IE.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3905

#6 refers,

Thank you for your info, I am one of the vegetable as mentioned.

#6 refers,

Sorry, pls allow me to nag....

why download if it is not something great ( as the sample here ) ?

#6 refers,

Sorry, pls allow me to nag....

why download if it is not something great ( as the sample here ) ?

To check the EXIF details Exif definition of course.

It's fine to ask, when it's not available but a lot quicker to learn how to check and find out yourself .

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
Lao Tzu

To check the EXIF details Exif definition of course.

It's fine to ask, when it's not available but a lot quicker to learn how to check and find out yourself .

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
Lao Tzu
think you misunderstood him, I guess he meant is why download a not very interesting picture to see what is the setting for?

not why need to download the software to view exif.

dennisc,

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
Lao Tzu"

* thumbsup *

think you misunderstood him, I guess he meant is why download a not very interesting picture to see what is the setting for?

not why need to download the software to view exif.

Singapore humour/sarcasm always have me in stiches :-D

Hey vegatable, not everyone has time to write EXIF down at your convenience. If you are interested go download and find out as instructed!

Din know there're so many vegetarians here! Or vegetables?
Anyway, the photos are really good for a first attempt at night photography!
I like the durian the best.

Yeah those shots are pretty good for first time night shots, what kind of lens is that? Looks pretty fast. I see you've also used ND filters, how do you find them?

#18 refers,

Confession.....I'm a living vegetable, depending on life support system....money ( and lack of it ).

Status
Not open for further replies.