My 1st image post: Have ya checked out 'The 12 Apostles'? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

s0ulofsin

Taken on a road trip to Great Ocean Road, Victoria Australia in spring. The view was breathtaking... I'll be uploading another one soon, taken in autumn. Watch out for it... All comments appreciated. :D

12apostlesinspring.jpg

O great...they must be pretty harsh with newbies like me.

Bummer.

nice pic but the sky is slightly washed out. A ND filter might help.

Just a note to all.

I know nuts abt photography techniques. I dun own an awesome cammie but only a cheap ass one. I've got lots to learn from this community. :)

I dun even know wat the hell's an ND filter! LOL ;p

Originally posted by s0ulofsin
O great...they must be pretty harsh with newbies like me.

Bummer.

think it's becos we can't see the pic :rolleyes:

not bad, the composition is good. :)

btw your pic doesn't show....I had to open the URL in a separate window to see it.

No way...it loads up in my window. *ShrugZ

This is *the* most photographed spot on the Great Ocean Rd I think :)
Quite liked the composition of this one. However, the other one u posted were overexposed :(
I had some similar shots but composed more of the sea. You can check it out at http://www.pbase.com/nuts/great_ocean_rd/

So did u stay for the sunset and watch the penguins ;)

..NuTs..

Taken on a road trip to Great Ocean Road, Victoria Australia in spring. The view was breathtaking... I'll be uploading another one soon, taken in autumn. Watch out for it... All comments appreciated. :D

sorry to stray from the topic :)
But this flower shot is great! Have u posted it on clubsnap??http://www.pbase.com/image/1115304 ok to stick to the topic, the 12 apostles shots are nice too.

Originally posted by nuts
Quite liked the composition of this one. However, the other one u posted were overexposed :(
I had some similar shots but composed more of the sea. You can check it out at http://www.pbase.com/nuts/great_ocean_rd/

..NuTs..

Thanks! Glad you like it though I was personally disappointed with the DOF control. No, have not posted it on clubsnap. Didn't think it was great :embrass:
Am more into landscapes... like your lighthouse pic some time back (that was you right?), now, that's great :)

..NuTs..

Originally posted by erwinx
sorry to stray from the topic :)
But this flower shot is great! Have u posted it on clubsnap??http://www.pbase.com/image/1115304 ok to stick to the topic, the 12 apostles shots are nice too.

Hi s0ulofsin,

Great newbie pic. It is nice! :)

A few observations:

1. Horizon slightly slanted but within accaptable limit (it's hard to keep it completely leveled unless you use a tripod).
2. For landscape pics it is general considered not so good to put the horizon at the center, as this will split the picture into two (the sky as one and the land as the other), and makes the viewers wonder which one is the main subject. Split the picture into 3 imaginary parts by drawing 2 horizontal lines across the pic, and those are called "lines of the 3rds". Generally the horizon is put at the lower line to emphasize spaciousness (more sky), or put at the upper line to emphasize distance (more land). It is only put at the middle if you want to create symmetrical image like the reflection of a mountain.

See this tutorial on kodak page for more information on using rule of the 3rds for composition.

Hope it helps. ;)

Originally posted by nuts

..NuTs..

Hey NuTs...neh..didn't...but I will when I get back to Melbourne this July. :) I still have a year to go..plenty of time baby...:D
Great Ocean Road is awesome...it really lifts ur spirits up!

Originally posted by ziploc
Hi s0ulofsin,

Great newbie pic. It is nice! :)

A few observations:

1. Horizon slightly slanted but within accaptable limit (it's hard to keep it completely leveled unless you use a tripod).
2. For landscape pics it is general considered not so good to put the horizon at the center, as this will split the picture into two (the sky as one and the land as the other), and makes the viewers wonder which one is the main subject. Split the picture into 3 imaginary parts by drawing 2 horizontal lines across the pic, and those are called "lines of the 3rds". Generally the horizon is put at the lower line to emphasize spaciousness (more sky), or put at the upper line to emphasize distance (more land). It is only put at the middle if you want to create symmetrical image like the reflection of a mountain.

See this tutorial on kodak page for more information on using rule of the 3rds for composition.

Hope it helps. ;)

Hey tks Ziploc, that's a load of help from ya! :) I've always tried to split piccies equally...been thinking it's right for ages...LOL

Like I've said, I know nuts abt photography techniques. Will keep on learning..tks! :)

Originally posted by franciskc
GOR = Great ocean road

O duhZ....I almost thought it's 'GOR' as in bro or somethin..heh

Hey NuTs...neh..didn't...but I will when I get back to Melbourne this July. :) I still have a year to go..plenty of time baby...:D
Great Ocean Road is awesome...it really lifts ur spirits up!

If you can lay hands on some binocular night vision devices, that'll be good cos otherwise, what you'll be trying to see is like ants crawling on the beach :)
Yup, GOR is pretty awesome...

..NuTs..

It's pretty awesome?!? It's bloody awesome for gawd's sake! LOL

I hope to take it in summer and winter. The sky shld look different. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.