My 1st DSLR....

Hehehe! Yup, will definitely make full use of my kit lens... Just now, I have tried out the 50-200mm... Very good... It is heavier than 18-55mm lens and feels more solid... But I found out that when using the 50-200mm and trying to take close-up shot, the auto-focus didn't work... Does anyone knows why? Also, if using Live View, the auto-focus is quite slow as compare to using View Finder... Is this normal? I haven't read the manual yet, the answers might be inside the manual... Hehehe... :)

How close were you to the subject? There is a min distance then the AF can focus

How close were you to the subject? There is a min distance then the AF can focus
I tried playing with the 50-200 lens.. The auto-focus (for 50-200) cannot work for distance ~2ft and below... More than 2ft, then the auto-focus can focus on the object.. Where can I find out more info about lens and the min distance of AF etc?

smc PENTAX-DA18-55mmF3.5-5.6AL WR Main Specifications

Lens mount PENTAX KAF mount
Lens Construction 11 elements in 8 groups
Angle of View 76 - 29°
Minimum Focusing Distance 0.25m (0.82 ft.)
Maximum Magnification 0.34x
Filter size 52mm
Dimensions 68.5mm x 67.5mm
Weight 230g / 8.1 oz
Lens Hood PH-RBC52mm

smc PENTAX-DA50-200mmF4-5.6ED WR

Lens Construction 11 elements in 10 groups
Angle of View 31.5 - 8.1°
Minimum Focusing Distance 1.1m (3.6 ft.)
Maximum Magnification 0.24x
Filter size 49mm
Dimensions 69mm x 79.5mm
Weight 285g / 10.1 oz
Lens Hood PH-RBD49mm

smc PENTAX-DA18-55mmF3.5-5.6AL WR Main Specifications

Lens Construction 11 elements in 8 groups
Angle of View 76 - 29°
Minimum Focusing Distance 0.25m (0.82 ft.)
Maximum Magnification 0.34x
Filter size 52mm
Dimensions 68.5mm x 67.5mm
Weight 230g / 8.1 oz
Lens Hood PH-RBC52mm

smc PENTAX-DA50-200mmF4-5.6ED WR

Lens Construction 11 elements in 10 groups
Angle of View 31.5 - 8.1°
Minimum Focusing Distance 1.1m (3.6 ft.)
Maximum Magnification 0.24x
Filter size 49mm
Dimensions 69mm x 79.5mm
Weight 285g / 10.1 oz
Lens Hood PH-RBD49mm
Thank you very much! Appreciate your help to take time to type out this info! :)

Can you AF in liveview mode using the k-x by half pressing the shutter release?

Cus the k-7 cant:sticktong must press the AF button which i find difficult to press and have my finger on the shutter at the same time...

Cus the k-7 cant:sticktong must press the AF button which i find difficult to press and have my finger on the shutter at the same time...
Yes, K-x can AF in LV mode by just half pressing the shutter button... Hehehe... :)

Can some kind bros here tell me what is the difference between "Max magnification = 0.24x" vs "Max magnification = 0.34x"?

Yes, K-x can AF in LV mode by just half pressing the shutter button... Hehehe... :)

Why cant the k-7 !?!?!:angry::sweat:

Looked through all the menus and cant change it ... any shifus here know how to AF in LV with shutter release or isit just that the k-7 cant ?

Why press AF button and shutter at the same time ?
1 Press AF button to focus ,
2 then press shutter to take your picture.

i just got my k-x!!! just wondering... shld i purchase a uv filter? and any recommendation for it? hoya issit expensive?

i just got my k-x!!! just wondering... shld i purchase a uv filter? and any recommendation for it? hoya issit expensive?

Welcome to Pentax:)Hoya or Tokina UV filter will do.Costs about $10-$20.

1) Welcome...

2) I would suggest a decent tripod and a drybox, think there are more useful than a UV filter for kit lens... but u can still get it, a cheap hoya i think is $10-$12...

Oh!! than for the reply.... ehm... how much is a tripod????? i realise that is pretty critical.... i dun have enough money buy dry cabinet... so when u all say dry box... is it just referring to a tupperware????????????? sorry for asking it so noobly =X

Oh!! than for the reply.... ehm... how much is a tripod????? i realise that is pretty critical.... i dun have enough money buy dry cabinet... so when u all say dry box... is it just referring to a tupperware????????????? sorry for asking it so noobly =X
for your questions, they invented this and also this. here in clubsnap we also have this. they're all usefull links i believe ;)

tripod i think from $0(unwanted ones) to a few thousands(Sachtler) so depends on your budget... :bsmilie:

just buy what u can afford... spend some time and do some research... there are good bargains around... dun ask me what brand to buy, i will recommend u the most expensive ones...:bsmilie:

dry box is a box to put ur lenses/equipment in a lower humidity environment, thats all... so u figure it out... :bsmilie:

haha ok! i will go find out... dry cab so ex... -_-"~! i think i'll just save up 1st T_T

haha ok! i will go find out... dry cab so ex... -_-"~! i think i'll just save up 1st T_T

better buy a good UV filter, cos if the filter lens is too thick you may encounter dark or blur edges. get a ultra thin with multi coated filter, or better just get a lens protector. For this i brought a Hoya purple label, which i found no trouble with it. Or you may want to get a better one which is the pro one(I think so)

For the dry cabinet better get one which is electonic one.

Tripod also get one which is both light and can support 3X the weight of your camera. Cheap brand for tripod will be benro, fanscier.

IMO just buy a normal Hoya UV will do for your kits lens, it dun makes sense for u to buy a S$100 plus filter for a kit lens.but of course this is a indiviual preferences.

i think it's just buy a normal hoya uv filter 1st.... hahahah fit it in will do right...??? =X

i think it's just buy a normal hoya uv filter 1st.... hahahah fit it in will do right...??? =X

Ya screw on it, make sure u nuy the correct mm;)