My 1st Black & White Pic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

stitch

Apr 29, 2005
Singapore
HDB_BW.JPG

My 1st try on BW picture... pls advise on how to improve :)

picture out of focus leh...

yah lor..no tripod..hand not steady..... novice...

Your photograph is suffering from SHS... Commonly known as Severe Hand Shake. The best cure for this photograph is the use of a tripod.

okie... im new to photography.... :)

besides the obvious handshake (which will be easily retified using tripod etc),
your photo dun seem to have a center of interest... :)

Before taking a photo, try to imagine how it would turn out. Think about the meaning and purpose of this picture. Getting a sharp photo is the easy part as its just a matter of technical knowledge. But telling a story with a photo requires really some composition and thought. Keep practicing! :)

the 1 second shutter speed is way too slow for handheld.

try increase ISO to 400 or more, that will help a little. but still you need to get some support if no tripod is available. such as something you can lean the camera on. or just squat down and support your arm with your knee.

i used to shoot air rifle and that also requires steady handheld. now i am using some techniques on photo shooting.

stand still and spread legs apart, slighty wider than shoulder length. hold the camera with your left hand with your left elbow pressing at the stomach area. when shooting, keep your left arm as close to your body as possible, that will limit the movement your hand. since the main weight of camera is on your left hand, that will minimise hand shake.

well that's only for when you don't have any other more stable supports, tripod is still the best. i do so when going for street shooting.

hope that helps, =)

Just imagine how the police special task force all hold their HK5 submachine guns. That stance will help in more steady shots when needed.

tks guys for ur advice... guess practise makes perfect.... :)

was taken from another HDB block? then you could have used the common corridor railing for support ... i've done more than 1s exposure with the railing for support ... came out w/o hand shake ... then again .. that cam had OIS as well ...

Update picture .. ISO set to 400.

hdbbw27cw.jpg

ok, the handshake is much better now...
but.. erm... like some mentioned earlier... your framing is trying to tell...? :)
i can't seem to catch the subject of interest u are trying to portray here...

i jus trying out the camera... i cant find anything to snap at...

lolx... :bsmilie:
i see... well... then nothing to complain also lo... :)

In my opinion, I think Stitch is just trying out some night shots lah. Like me, I am still learning and understanding the capabilities of my camera. Sometimes, I would also love to take some snaps out of leisure. I don't like to always do thinking and visualizing and stuff although it is a must when it comes to producing great photos... :p

But I will learn and eventually, will be doing all those thinking and visualizing lah in the future. :p

Happy Labour Day!

went to the zoo to snap some pictures...will upload later on another thread... :) i jus got this camera from my fren...im testing the camera...

Status
Not open for further replies.