My 1st attempts on Nature Photograhy... need help to ID these :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

ST_sg

Mar 23, 2004
sunnytang.zenfolio.com
Finally I find a time off to try on Nature Photography and some Close-up/Macro shots... unfortunately my camera holding skill still shaky and it was quite windy there... lead to some soft-focus :embrass:

As usual, all comments are welcome and very much appreciated :)

shot#1
CRW_0549-640.jpg

shot#2
CRW_0548-640.jpg

shot#3
CRW_0545-640.jpg

Not expert here but with the sigma u should be able to get closer.

U can minimised handshake by using a higher shutter speed or tripod if situation permit. :)

Hi Carllim, thanks for your input. You're right, I should bring along a tripod where most of the time I can't get a good shutter speed at about 1/500s at a decent f/8 or f/11. (as follow 1/focal length rule).

Cheers!

Here're the id of the butts:
#1 - seems like a crow, Euploea spp.; can't see the marking.
#2,3 - Black-Veined Tiger, Danaus melanippus hegesippus
#4 - Dark Glassy Tiger, Parantica agleoides agleoides

Where did u shoot these?

Thanks Macross.

fwah... you have a huge collection there... may I use your site as reference to ID my catchs next time :p

Btw, can you tell me where is AH? How to reach there? Is that place got lots of butterfies...

Cheers!

ST_sg said:
Thanks Macross.

fwah... you have a huge collection there... may I use your site as reference to ID my catchs next time :p

Btw, can you tell me where is AH? How to reach there? Is that place got lots of butterfies...

Cheers!

hey, bro!

wah... u going into macros now? :D

bring along a good and steady tripod next? i think ur sigma at 300mm can really go up close and personal with the butts. plus a low f-stop, it will really blur out the insects.

AH - alexander hospital. take a mrt to queenstown. from there, there is a free transport at the police station side to AH. if not, i think there's a direct bus from queenstown mrt, also on police station side. can't remember the number. if driving, use aye and exit at alexander road. if u in direction of jurong to ecp, its a left turn at the exit. u can't miss the hospital. if coming from direction of ecp to jurong, it shld be a right turn at the exit and going in direction of ikea.

ST_sg said:
Thanks Macross.

Cheers!

AH stands for Alexandra Hospital. There is a butterfly trail within the hospital compound with quite alot of species.

If you take mrt, alight at Queenstown station and change to bus 195, alight opp Queensway shopping ctr, cross the overhead bridge and go thru the gate leading to the hospital. You will see the trail on the right hand side.

Other buses are SBS93 and SMRT61.

Anyway, I will be going this friday after lunch, weather permitting.

yo bro, thanks for the guide to AH. Initially I'm not sure there is a butterfly trail within the hospital compound.

ok. is it easy to find where exactly the butterfly trail once go in from the main gate?

I find that shooting macro quite fun since I can't find any of my friend willing be my model, as such look for alternative... lol :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I tried on street shooting...but no guts to point my cam at public :embrass:

of cos, other than that, I mainly use my cam to take photo for my kids ;)

Hi Carllim, weekdays have to work... probably I'll find one Saturday afternoon after work and explore there :)

Please share your catchs with us ok?! :p

Easy breezy, I think that's the side gate. Once you pass the gate, the trail is just on the right.

Shooting butts is very fun and tiring :sweat:

My daughter is also my model. :bsmilie:

ST_sg said:
Hi Carllim, weekdays have to work... probably I'll find one Saturday afternoon after work and explore there :)

Please share your catchs with us ok?! :p

Ok, maybe next time we can go there together and share some fathering tips as well.

I sometimes fumble in front of "beauties". Hope this time I can compose myself better. :bsmilie:

ST_sg said:
Thanks Macross.

Thanks, but not a huge collection lah.

You should visit the this homepage by the Master for reference, though some of the species that I have are not featured there.

macross said:
Where did u shoot these?

oh Macross, I found 'em during my last Sunday Nature walk at Pulau Ubin. Running here and there under a hot sun around 12.30 noon.... tiring man :sweat: :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.