Must work how many years to reach 5k salary for grad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dOME

Oct 11, 2004
Local uni or poly grads? how long did you take to earn 5k?

ermmm....that will depend on what kind of job you are looking at rite? for engineering (which i am in now) guess it will take a long time..sigh...haha.....but why 5K?

dOME said:

:think: heh....5 to 6 yrs!!! dun think it is engineering line unless you are one of the few really high flyer.... think now the starting pay of new engineering is just 2-3k..........and based on the current economy situation, dun think it is possible to get 500 increment every year..sigh....

Adam Goi said:
Local uni ... 5 to 6 years? :think:

plinius said:
ermmm....that will depend on what kind of job you are looking at rite? for engineering (which i am in now) guess it will take a long time..sigh...haha.....but why 5K?

cox someone i know earns 5k hahah

If you are in IT line and in vendor environment like IBM, CISCO, 5k in 5 ~ 6 years to reach 5k no problem.

i have peers there too, but they are Overseas Scholar type....haha....

hehe..this thread is demoralising manz!!!

....but guess i will stay with the job as i am happy with what i am doing now..... at least i still could afford photography as a hobby....hooray!!!!

Adam Goi said:
Some of my peers are already drawing that but I must qualify that they are high-flyers.

dOME said:

Depends what kind of occupation.

Got a friend...he is from advertising and he oledi get 4k+ even though he is just diploma nia.....3 years after graduation. Sigh.....

If current pay not enough....get more photography lobangs.
Shoot more wedding photos!

:think: :p :think:

Got a JC classmate who didn't do well for A level and never get into local Uni

Went US to study biz, now working as consultant for a local bank here, earning 5-digits every mth (with comission)...and he only started working in the bank for half a year....

Best thing is...he going to quit that job then go study master....

wow! but seems that most of the example listed applies to the top 5 percentile....for me (which falls in the 95 percentile) and my peers in abt the same line of work are still working hard :sweat:

haha....

Wai said:
Got a JC classmate who didn't do well for A level and never get into local Uni

Went US to study biz, now working as consultant for a local bank here, earning 5-digits every mth (with comission)...and he only started working in the bank for half a year....

Best thing is...he going to quit that job then go study master....

Most of the time, whether you get >= 5k is more on whether you are lucky and opportunity is given to you. You can be a grad and can work for more than 10 years, but if you are unlucky, no need to think about achieving this goal. Even if you have achieved that, how long will this "good time" last?
You might be competent but when you are unlucky, forget about 5k, you might even lose your job.

Sounds demoralizing? Too bad, it parts of life. :devil:

doesn't it depend on the person himself

If you are a lazy bum who is not proactive, you can work for 10 years and look at other newbies overtake you

Status
Not open for further replies.