Must Read...beware. dam sway seller!

Status
Not open for further replies.

undercoverone

Jul 9, 2007
hi, just to tell a true incident happen today.

a few days ago, i bidded a lens on ebay sinagpore. a 28mm PC len. few day later the seller email me asking me when can i deal, she was located at changi village, on that day i told i can deal anytime and would deal with her in changi village or in the east ( i am located in town area and i take public transport), she told me that if we could deal next day, as she will be going holland village. i was happy as i do not need to travel far.

next day i sms her time and location where could she deal? she say give me my address and wait for 40min for her to come, wow thats good i was thinking..next moment she reached, was an Ang Mo to my surprise. ask her to show me the lens to check, ok the condition was 6 or 5 condition, i was thinking ok lor, i never ask the condition before i bid.on the lens was mounted a hoya yellow filter condition 5 got a few dent ,next i tried mounting the lens on my DSLR, try fitting in, but WTF when i try to lock it(twist it) it cant lock, i ask her the lens mount must be some thing wrong, she quickly reply me saying, no it is fine, then she took my DSLR and the lens and try to fit onto it,she cant.. following that say the lens is fine, and said that manuel lens could not be fitted on DSLR must on SLR, then she jump to saying that i need a adapter to fit the lens.( i was thinking, you think i am a fool ah? i student easy bluff?) i took the lens and closely see the len mount, dam it was bent..

i see the lens again and told her i give it a miss, rather then spent few hundred to buy the len and save face, NO WAY, i want my money better.. i would not want the lens, upon hearing that she went furious, and give me two choices,
one is to pay her $10 for the fuel as she make her way down
second is to buy the lens

i follow by saying what if i dont take any??

after hearing she say i am dishonest, give her the money, dont waste her time, she is running late as she need to to take her kids, broke the trust, if i dont take it, she will report to ebay and ban me... babababa..

what the hell, i am paying few hundred lei, you thought few dallors ony?i told her i am sorry and would not buy it ask her to relist the item, i went up my apartment with my DSLR.
i sms to say i am sorry and the mount was damage, she return sms to say that she will report me saying i was dishonest,etc..babababaaba

few hours later she email me saying i stole her filter, dam!! WTF? why would i steal her dam beat up yellow filter? i reply her i swear i didnt took the filter.. she email me again

"No. You took it off as soon as i gave you the lens and then I did
not see it again. YOU misplaced or stole it. You did not put it
back in the plastic bag and you did not put it back on the lens.
You owe me $70 or replacement filter. Stop being dishonest and
rude. I am giving you lee way because you are young and
immature but if you continue in your dishonesty I will be forced
to report you."

i email her back again and now waiting for the her god dam reply..:thumbsd::thumbsd:

btw she keep saying i am rude which i didnt say anything bad about her or raise my voice.
crazy seller here..

now i fear what she will do next..:dunno::angry:

Last edited:
What condition was the lens listed as?

IF it was listed as something much higher, and clearly states that there were NO physical or optical/operational issues with the lens, YU may be able to report her for making a FALSE statement in her auction. I assume yu ASKED her if the lens had any problems at all before yu bidded?

Let her yell and scream as much as she wants to. The more she SMSes yu threatening SMS, the more evidence yu have ... in case it's ever needed ... say, to make a police report for harassment or sumthing like that.

the fact is i didnt ask her about the condition about the product, this is the part i miss..
therefore i am in the fault too. but i didnt expect it cannot be mounted. if can mount i take the lens

I'm sorry to say this...it's your fault for not reading her ebay advertisement carefully or ask questions before you bid. As a winning bidder, you have to honour your words in ebayland n she has the right to complain to ebay about you. You refused to buy but she still needs to pay ebay her selling fees + it cost her $$ to travel to meet you. Take this as a lesson n be careful in future. :)

Last edited:
you need to learn how to write in simple, concise sentences.

the fact is i didnt ask her about the condition about the product, this is the part i miss..
therefore i am in the fault too. but i didnt expect it cannot be mounted. if can mount i take the lens

Yu missed the first question: What was the condition the lens was listed as, and for that matter, what was the description? Were there pictures?

BIG lesson when bidding: NEVER dun ask very specific questions, and NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING. ;)

seriously when it comes to buying/selling lenses, there are people who take buyers as suckers. online, off forums, and what not.

so far i had met a couple of people hoping to transact and pick up a new toy.. you know that eagerness etc..

their definition of "clear optics", "no fungus", "clean", "condition 9/10" is seriously warped. recently trying to pick up a macro lens to get some work done (AIS lens).. met up with person, the lens itself had at least 3 elements slightly foggy..one of them almost translucent, very obvious, but the person insists.. no, dont have, is clear, clean. ironically if i had a macro lens then i would have taken a picture and shown it up here on the forum to ask for their verdict. wasted my time.

Yu missed the first question: What was the condition the lens was listed as, and for that matter, what was the description? Were there pictures?

BIG lesson when bidding: NEVER dun ask very specific questions, and NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING. ;)

Yup, agree with DM. I'll give u an example..seller sells a pirated DVD for $10. States the condition as brand new, no scratches but never mention it is not original. When u received the DVD,u complain that it's pirated. The fact is u never ask the seller how come a brand new DVD is selling for only $10. Similarly, a seller can be ambigueous by stating item still have tags on it but they never say "brand new,never been worn.I hid the tag while wearing the jacket." Your lens seller might forget to state that her lens cannot be mounted on a DSLR so u should have asked her or google the lens model for more info. Hope i didnt sound harsh. :)

You can read what i posted here about ebay.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=412275

Last edited:
I would think that no matter what the condition is, something which can't be mounted is not fit for sale. It won't even qualify as condition 1/10.

It depends on what's listed and how it is described in e-bay. IF a seller states no-refund policy and things like 'As-Is', literally means 'anything goes' and 'you bid at your own risk', regardless of condition bla bla bla.

Which was why I asked, TWICE, what was described in the listing, exactly.

thw worst thing is that she claim that i steal the filter in front of her? and that bloody filter cost $70...:angry::dunno:

It depends on what's listed and how it is described in e-bay. IF a seller states no-refund policy and things like 'As-Is', literally means 'anything goes' and 'you bid at your own risk', regardless of condition bla bla bla.

Which was why I asked, TWICE, what was described in the listing, exactly.

the auction link is above

it stated

Return policyReturn policy not specified.
Read item description for any reference to return policy

:dunno:

seriously when it comes to buying/selling lenses, there are people who take buyers as suckers. online, off forums, and what not.

so far i had met a couple of people hoping to transact and pick up a new toy.. you know that eagerness etc..

their definition of "clear optics", "no fungus", "clean", "condition 9/10" is seriously warped. recently trying to pick up a macro lens to get some work done (AIS lens).. met up with person, the lens itself had at least 3 elements slightly foggy..one of them almost translucent, very obvious, but the person insists.. no, dont have, is clear, clean. ironically if i had a macro lens then i would have taken a picture and shown it up here on the forum to ask for their verdict. wasted my time.

Good lord!

Sounds like someone I know on CS working in a medical institution who insists that lenses he tries to sell that look like a sand-storm went through them is "OK, no problems, is clear what! A bit of dust only lah! bla bla bla!'

the auction link is above

it stated

Return policyReturn policy not specified.
Read item description for any reference to return policy

:dunno:

ALL the more so, when such a listing reveals so little details, yu have to ask very, very specific questions!

Yup, agree with DM. I'll give u an example..seller sells a pirated DVD for $10. States the condition as brand new, no scratches but never mention it is not original. When u received the DVD,u complain that it's pirated. The fact is u never ask the seller how come a brand new DVD is selling for only $10. Similarly, a seller can be ambigueous by stating item still have tags on it but they never say "brand new,never been worn.I hid the tag while wearing the jacket." Your lens seller might forget to state that her lens cannot be mounted on a DSLR so u should have asked her or google the lens model for more info. Hope i didnt sound harsh. :)

You can read what i posted here about ebay.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=412275

the lens can mount on my DSLR and the len mount is a bit bent, she insisted that it is fine and claim it needed addition adpater? WTF.. nikon mount with nikon mount need adpater by the way it is a AIS lens

Ok i have viewed the link. IMO, she was too vague. No mention of whether there r scratches n whether u can mount it on your DSLR. U should have email her and ask her some questions. Putting aside the fact that she accused u of stealing her filter...the trade between u n her was an invitation to treat. An offer can be made to the world at large and u as the offerer,offered to buy her lens at ur selected bidded price. U offer, she accepts...there is a binding agreement so if she complain, it's unfortunate for u.

Hopefully it is a mistake on her part. She might have accidentally stuffed her filter inside her baby's diaper or next to their milk bottles, misplaced it while playing with them. If she can't find it,too bad for her. There is no evidence that u took it anyway. :)

A binding agreement can be avoided if one party made material misrepresentions, whether through active expression or silence. Further, an item not conforming to description or not fit for purpose will give grounds for remedy under the Sale of Goods Act (haven't checked if it applies to ebay situations).

Status
Not open for further replies.