Muslin for backgrounds - where to find in SG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shotgun

Feb 23, 2004
Hi all,

Not sure if this has been asked before... but anyway, to those who have studio setup/experience, I'd like to ask where do i find muslin cloth for use in studio background?

I know there's a lot of cheaper alternative cloth for background or it can be DIY, hand-painted, etc... but the much-talked-about muslin makes me wanna check them out myself ;)

Thanks in advance for any comments out there.

Cheers and have a nice weekend ahead.

Shotgun

Thanks a lot!

BTW, where is Joo Chiat complex?

Didn't know Ruby & CP have them :bsmilie: thanks.

Cheers!

Ruby and CP confirm DON'T HAVE!!! Just check with them last week. CP never sells them anymore, and Ruby sold out theirs 2-3mth ago. Anyway they are selling for $290 each, which is too ex.

I have one piece, plain textured brown 10ft size, if you need for certain temporary mobile studio setup, can rent from me. I'm charging only $15 a day but you must pay a refundable deposit of $200 in advance. Here is how it look like:
picname270778.jpg

Interested, can call me 96456423 to discuss.

I was just passing by Eastgear at Peninsula Plaza on the second floor and I happen to see they had some half size and full size Muslin background just a few days back. Don't know the price as I was not interest in them but they looked pretty nice when I looked into the shop. Maybe you would like to try them if you are intending to purchase them but if not..renting is a good idea.

Thanks Sammy888, maybe i'll drop by when I have the time.

Skykestan, thanks for your rental offer. I'm looking for this material for a rather "permanent" or semi-fixed home setup :) , although who knows at times it could be used for mobile shooting as well... :D

Who say they don't sell. CP will order for you but at $450.00 they don't keep stock. Ruby have will do the same and they have stock for green and orange colour, popular colours like brown is temperary out of stock. They are selling them at $270.00 a piece. :blah:

Actually if you want your unquine one buy a plain white muslin from arab street and paint them yourself. I help to do a few for friends. :) If really depend what effect you want, fastest is two hours to a full day. :bigeyes: Then there artise will custom made for you, I got an offer from one but lost her card :embrass:

singscott said:
Actually if you want your unquine one buy a plain white muslin from arab street and paint them yourself. I help to do a few for friends. :) If really depend what effect you want, fastest is two hours to a full day. :bigeyes: Then there artise will custom made for you, I got an offer from one but lost her card :embrass:
Indeed... :bigeyes: How much is to do a 10ft muslin? I'm still looking for somemore, those that have a scenery painting like garden, sea, etc. Also looking for a green textured one, Can you quote me? :)

Sorry you are so unlucky lost it ;p I don't need that type of background not my style, just custom muslin myself will do. Better luck next time :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.