Music and Me....

deitz

Oct 9, 2010

1. In which area is critique or feedback to be given?
Just trying to see whether it (photo and color composition) can bring up the emotion of the picture.

2. What were you hoping to achieve with this image?
Emotion and interaction between human, instrument and the environment.

3. Under what circumstance was the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Took this picture around 1pm and Taken with a 50mm.

4. Thread-starter's personal thoughts about the image?
For me.....photo satisfied me so far but it just OK, seems like I miss something.....

Thanks for the critiques

I think the missing 'thing' is that it's not obvious he is playing with a musical instrument (maybe I don't know much about such instruments).

So maybe that makes the 'mood' of him indulging in music missing.

It's a street candid so I guess given the situation it would be difficult to capture his face expression in enjoying the music and also shoot closer from another point whereby you avoid the distracting tree trunk/branches.

TS, which musical instrument was he playing? I cannot figure it out either...

Sorry TS, but i feel no connection with the picture. Also the backview of the person and the blocked instrument doesn't seem to help also.

try to focus attention on the main subject, by minimizing the distraction of the cluttered background. you could try isolating the subject by selective focus in PP, adding vignetting and boosting contrast for more vibrant colours.
e.g. (using photoscape)
5450809773_cc4d403fde_o.jpg

@Zaren

Like this one, thanks alot

@Lekech
@Gundamseed84
Actually, for me, that was the first time I saw "that kind" of musical instrument. :D