Mumbai & Bangkok & Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yappy

May 30, 2004
Will such incident happen in Singapore?

Mumbai - Terrorist attacks - Yes, it will happen. Its just a question of when and how bad.

Bangkok - Street Protest/riots - Yes, it has happened before and can happen again. However, it seems very unlikely at the present time.

I like how the Straits Times had an entire article (written by 2 people) about a Singapore man who was standing kinda near one of the sites. Not exactly involved in it, just kinda standing near it.

Why didn't they interview me when I was living in a neighboring state when 9/11 happened?

I like how the Straits Times had an entire article (written by 2 people) about a Singapore man who was standing kinda near one of the sites. Not exactly involved in it, just kinda standing near it.

Why didn't they interview me when I was living in a neighboring state when 9/11 happened?

Its an honor to appear on ST meh? ;p

Its an honor to appear on ST meh? ;p

Of course! Don't you know that the ST is one of the best papers in the region?

They are always winning so many awards what! Best Layout, Best Layout, Best Layout, etc etc. Nothing on content, but it's ok as long as they are winning awards for Best Layout!

Probably Mr Ng was contacted by phone for the interview, if these two reporters
(CQ/TJL) are not on site.
The wonder of being there but not really there... :dunno:
I like how the Straits Times had an entire article (written by 2 people) about
a Singapore man who was standing kinda near one of the sites.
Not exactly involved in it, just kinda standing near it.

Why didn't they interview me when I was living in a neighboring state
when 9/11 happened?

Mumbai - Terrorist attacks - Yes, it will happen. Its just a question of when and how bad.

Bangkok - Street Protest/riots - Yes, it has happened before and can happen again. However, it seems very unlikely at the present time.

Mumbai - Not sure. These days, anything can happen.

Bangkok - Won't happen. Why? S'poreans are quite a pragmatic bunch, and AREN'T STUPID enough to block a major REVENUE STREAM (such as the AIRPORT) for the country IN A TIME OF FINANCIAL CRISIS!!!

Bangkok - Thankfully they're not that stupid.

The People's alliance for Democracy really needs to learn what DEMOCRACY means. They just want more power to be retained to the urban elite.

Bangkok - Thankfully they're not that stupid.

The People's alliance for Democracy really needs to learn what DEMOCRACY means. They just want more power to be retained to the urban elite.

sigh.. the world is getting crazy nowadays... :cry:

sigh.. the world is getting crazy nowadays... :cry:

The world has always been crazy, its just that these days you have the media and the Internet to cover everything live 24/7.

Humans won't ever learn from the past. Its all about power and money.

A few days ago, how many of us here in Singapore would have thought a terrorist attack could happen in Mumbai India and one of the casualty is a female Singaporean ?

I believe that we Singaporean should be on our guard and stop the mindset that it's not my problem.

When it becomes your problem they'll ask why nobody helped them.

"Today we were unlucky, but remember we only have to be lucky once. You will have to be lucky always." Provisional Irish Republican Army on the failure of their Brighton hotel bombing to kill British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher or her ministers.

Last edited:

Let's put it this way... if this can happen in the New York USA and after the fact that it was NOT the first time terrorist attacked the World Trade Centre. They had better tech and experience dealing with terrorism....What do you think?

If someone or Organisation has a good enough reason for doing so... Singapore is not out of the question at all.

If you google basic science on how to make a bomb using household product and basic chemical substance you will know there is no need to smuggle anything exotic in or bomb parts to make a big bang. Here's the best part. It's easy if you know how. And would it always has to be religious reason? Nope not necessarily. It could be commercial or political or some other agenda disguise as something else. That way it makes it alot harder to track or get early tip off by monitoring difference suspected terrorist cells. Why not? Especially in the last deciade. anyone or organisation can use terrorism to be the scapegoat if they want to plan something bad to happen to one individual, group of people or a country. Just because we personally can not fathom ever doing this to anyone...that does not stop someone else who is willing to do it.

No need to take alot of photos at MRT or Esplande or wherever you get stop for shooting with your camera (I really still think alot of it has to do with you not catch their staff eating snake or doing something wrong dealing with public...but that is just me)

Terrorism in one form or another is here to stay unfortunately. Makes it hard to sleep tight hor? Do what I do...live on. You want to wimp out and live in fear and be overly protective and get hamper from doing what you want to do in your day to day affair. Trust me when I say this... Terrorism has won. Not to say you should not CARE but you should not worry and let it run your life. Terrorism like every other problems we have to face in life including natural tragedies needs to be prepared for and solution found to deal with it before, during and after. That's life on planet earth for eons.

That's why I am for NS...if anything it reminds you how fragile and deadly this world we live in can be even if it is also able to offer you so much love, peace and beauty. There is two side to this coin. Don't let it rule your life making you cowed from your own potential to live life to the fullest.

And if you get the chance to kill one of these terrorist...have fun. Slowly. :devil:

Last edited:
Whether it happen or not, it all depends on each and every individual of us to be vigilant, sensitive enough(not over), and brave to stand up when observe something is not quite right. Let the agency to investigate and hopefully to action before it happens.

Mumbai - The day that we let our guard down.... we will kena also.

Bangkok - I doubt the Avg S'porean are so free as to 'Protest' for 6mth without working. BTW, whats happening in Bangkok isn't about democracy.... but a branch of people trying to protect their special interest in Thai society over the poor and lower class people. :thumbsd:

Be prepare for the worst. If any of those hit Singapore.. we will take a longer time to recover!

Pray hard!

Singapore's on illegal street gathering is so strigent, groups of terrorists won't even got the chance to band together to start shooting and throwing grenades for our police officers will swoop them up in a flash.

ermm.. i don't think that's very true... remember the JI incident a couple of years ago..we didn't even know abt them until the US tipped us off....well...at least according to ST. :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.