Mumbai & Bangkok & Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only in Thailand,... want to topple a democratically elected government, go camp out at the airport. What a joke.

have faith in the son of our founding father. if you do not believe in his ability to protect Singapore, the terrorists would have already won half their battle.

ermm.. i don't think that's very true... remember the JI incident a couple of years ago..we didn't even know abt them until the US tipped us off....well...at least according to ST. :sweat:

Of course! Don't you know that the ST is one of the best papers in the region?

They are always winning so many awards what! Best Layout, Best Layout, Best Layout, etc etc. Nothing on content, but it's ok as long as they are winning awards for Best Layout!
that's why i don't read local newspaper, full of craps) . i read www.bbc.com if i want to know what is happening around the globe.

that's why i don't read local newspaper, full of craps) . i read www.bbc.com if i want to know what is happening around the globe.

To have a better picture, one should read all papers available. Go online!

One should read all....

I agree with you.
BBC, ST and CNN are bias and we all know there are some form of
garmen control over them as with other mainstream media, guess it's usual.

So in order to look at a certain incident one have to look from
several angles and then make your own judgment.

There are various degrees of bias... I think for the most part ST and Fox news are extremely bias.

../azul123

Bangkok - Thankfully they're not that stupid.

The People's alliance for Democracy really needs to learn what DEMOCRACY means. They just want more power to be retained to the urban elite.

So have they won?

There are various degrees of bias... I think for the most part ST and Fox news are extremely bias.

../azul123

Everybody has his own hidden agenda.

BBC focuses on USA, Africa and Europe and not teh world. When Singapore won the hosting of Youth Oly.. was it reported? Did you hear anyting from them?

Only in Thailand,... want to topple a democratically elected government, go camp out at the airport. What a joke.

Agreed! When the leaders declared a state of emergency, the police and army dont even move. Another joke!:bsmilie:

Everybody has his own hidden agenda.

BBC focuses on USA, Africa and Europe and not teh world. When Singapore won the hosting of Youth Oly.. was it reported? Did you hear anyting from them?
As I posted earlier there are various degrees of bias from other medias... for me ST is extremely bias. My family buy their papers but I very seldom or maybe read them on the weekends only.

../azul123

../azul123

Would you like Singapore to be like Bangkok or Mumbai?

U think they are the best around?

The People's alliance for Democracy really needs to learn what DEMOCRACY means. They just want more power to be retained to the urban elite.

So have they won?

Well democracy is not perfect, in Thailand it is a bit complicated... for instance if you know of someone who squanders lots of money, enriched himself because of his position... but he is very popular with the rural folks and gets elected what should the people do?

In Thailand, I guess PAD is thinking like that...

../azul123

wrong example... I would like Singapore media to be like BBC. More transparency and profesional reporting.

../azul123

wrong example... I would like Singapore media to be like BBC. More transparency and profesional reporting.

../azul123

.... all newspaper claimed that they are transparent and doing professional job. How do you know that Singapore media is not transparent and doing a proper job?

Definitely better than CNA/ST by huge degrees.

../azul123

'Huge degrees' ..who determine..???

and what is 'huge degrees'?

How much is 'Huge'?

../azul123

The thread is about 'Mumbai & Bangkok & Singapore' and not the media.

Again.. if you are a Singaporean, would you like Singapore to be like Bangkok or Mumbai?

Well democracy is not perfect, in Thailand it is a bit complicated... for instance if you know of someone who squanders lots of money, enriched himself because of his position... but he is very popular with the rural folks and gets elected what should the people do?

In Thailand, I guess PAD is thinking like that...

../azul123

U are right, a relatively clean leaders are essential.. if the ppl use their hearts and not their minds, the nation is in trouble! So occupying the airport is a solution?

If this happen in China, what will happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.