Multiples

Chow Yun Fatt

Jan 20, 2010
Can someone kind teach me how to do this....

I want to create multiple pics of my kid around my wife...

Thank you.

53af7_multiple-engagement-photo.jpg

Give birth to more children will help........................hehe ;p :bsmilie:

Last edited:
Give birth to more children will help........................hehe ;p :bsmilie:

*Basket* the same baby lar...not different ones...& don't tell me Sixtuplets...:bsmilie:

to do it as shown in the photo... wow... I wouldn't have a clue. I think the PP work must be tremendous.
The main problem is that the girls and the man are in contact in many different areas.
If it's something like THIS thread, it'd probably be easier.
I reckon the principle and general workflow is quite similar.

put on masks lor

to do it as shown in the photo... wow... I wouldn't have a clue. I think the PP work must be tremendous.
The main problem is that the girls and the man are in contact in many different areas.
If it's something like THIS thread, it'd probably be easier.
I reckon the principle and general workflow is quite similar.

Thats what I guessed as well becos the Subjects are in contact, its gonna be tough.

Ok, what if there were only the Girls in the photo without the Guy...Will it be more doable?

;p

If you have your wife sit on the couch, and your kid in different positions around the couch, it would certainly be possible. It's all a matter of layers and masking them appropriately.
The common object between all the layers will be the couch and everything else in the fore/background. Try to make sure the exposure and white balance stays consistent from shot to shot, else your layering will be a nightmare.
Probably best to use manual mode and manual white balance too.

If you have your wife sit on the couch, and your kid in different positions around the couch, it would certainly be possible. It's all a matter of layers and masking them appropriately.
The common object between all the layers will be the couch and everything else in the fore/background. Try to make sure the exposure and white balance stays consistent from shot to shot, else your layering will be a nightmare.
Probably best to use manual mode and manual white balance too.

Sounds like a plan...let me go experiment a little...oh & by the way, will a flash be a problem since the subject is going to be at different positions & there might be some shadows?

Thank you...;)

you need:
1. Controlled environment with the exact same props and lighting throughout the shots
2. A steady tripod, timer
3. Fixed focus throughout the shot
4. Photoshop to do layers and masking

flash affects the exposure, so it may or may not be a problem.
For example you try 4 shots in total. In only 1 of the shots your wife is seated on the couch. The rest of the shots, she's absent. If you use flash, you might get shadows on the couch or background that may be hard to correct.

It's an interesting concept though. I think you should give it a serious try! :)
Let us know the results...!

you need:
1. Controlled environment with the exact same props and lighting throughout the shots
2. A steady tripod, timer
3. Fixed focus throughout the shot
4. Photoshop to do layers and masking

Thank you...But my tiny apartment got no make shift studio, hence a bit difficult to achive constant lighting. The best I can do is to use room lights, draw the curtains & pray hard that the 580ExII plus Sphere Diffuser don't fail me...:bsmilie:

LOL u know this reminds me of charlie and the choco factory okkies? :)

a good chroma key bg will solve ur problem.

i'll try and give u a hint. the MAIN photo is the guy with the girl on the right.

the rest could be easily done with either chroma key, or just a simple masking of layers :)

flash affects the exposure, so it may or may not be a problem.
For example you try 4 shots in total. In only 1 of the shots your wife is seated on the couch. The rest of the shots, she's absent. If you use flash, you might get shadows on the couch or background that may be hard to correct.

It's an interesting concept though. I think you should give it a serious try! :)
Let us know the results...!

I think I might be exceeding my limitations a little here, so I will try multiples of my kid without my wife first & see how it goes...

This should keep me busy tonight...:bsmilie:

LOL u know this reminds me of charlie and the choco factory okkies? :)

a good chroma key bg will solve ur problem.

i'll try and give u a hint. the MAIN photo is the guy with the girl on the right.

the rest could be easily done with either chroma key, or just a simple masking of layers :)

If what you say about the Chroma Key bg is true, then I think this is way out of my League...:bsmilie:...I Surrender...:sweatsm:

I believe Tham YM is advising you on layer masks in photoshop, so its not really meant as a joke i supposed. :)

Oopps...I didn't get the Joke...:bsmilie:

well u dun excatly need a key, just a nice green luminous cloth would do i think