Multiple nicks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nemesis32

Oct 16, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
I realised that seems like some clubsnappers have multiple nicks. I think they prob use it for buy & sell thread to push up their prices or maybe because they were banned like "model...." etc...

Any other reasons why they register multiple threads and whats your view?

these people have multiple personality disorder. let them push up the prices, if nobody can afford, they have to buy themselves.

well... not everyone may be aware of their tricks....

I find that increasingly, i find nicks with say less than 10 posts (i would say very NEWBIE) and they starts arguements, flaming wars, buy and sell... This is not normal given that most newbie needs some time to hang around and get acquainted. Heck, even ZC did not post much until recently right?

I think these people ought to be ashame of themselves.

Goldmember said:
these people have multiple personality disorder. let them push up the prices, if nobody can afford, they have to buy themselves.

:bsmilie: that's so hilarious

reminds me of something Deleuze and Guattari wrote ... 'each of us was several'

eikin said:
:bsmilie: that's so hilarious

reminds me of something Deleuze and Guattari wrote ... 'each of us was several'

if no one can afford, they'll just say "buyer backed out" and re-post the item all over again. :bsmilie:

zaren said:
if no one can afford, they'll just say "buyer backed out" and re-post the item all over again. :bsmilie:
ya lah... but some genuine cases do happens you see.

I only have problems with those that just push up the prices and cheated some of the bidders...

I am thinking of not bidding for any item on CS anymore....

zaren said:

sounds more like identity crisis or identity disorder than multiple identities :bsmilie:

eikin said:
sounds more like identity crisis or identity disorder than multiple identities :bsmilie:

not identity crisis.....just determination to get the absolutely highest possible price for their items.

:bsmilie:

for some, their initial nick oredi "chao mia" so no choice gotta change & register new nick.

then again, a leopard never changes its spots, so its quite easy to identify that its the same person from the posting style. ;)

and some others just create a new nick to start flame war among themselves... :bsmilie:

~Arcanic~ said:
and some others just create a new nick to start flame war among themselves... :bsmilie:

and so many have been conned into hours on the PC watching the fire burn on the screen ... :bsmilie: ... we should have an award or sort for them (best director, best actor, best actress, best script, best quote ...)

As far as possible, we strongly discourage members registering multiple nicks but unfortunately, some still persist. The most obvious examples of alter-nicks are when the members with very few posts registered very recently start posting and 99.9% of the time, the posts will be inflammatory in nature.

We will deregister nicks that we strongly suspect or we have found to be an alter-nick.

People in real life do not constantly go about changing their names so we should try to do the same online. Having an alter-nick only goes to show that the member has things to hide or out to just cause trouble.

Such is the nature of an online forum. I think there are probably a whole host of reasons why someone would register more than one nick, and I think some reasons are valid and some others probably up to no good. I personally know 2 persons who had to reregister to get around a posting ban.

i recall a happening where this person was found to have 2 nicks, one which he/she used to behave and post normal, the other he/she used it to create havoc all around... :dunno:

well.. what to do...

nemesis32 said:
I realised that seems like some clubsnappers have multiple nicks. I think they prob use it for buy & sell thread to push up their prices ......
it is a sad thing... but this an internet forum, cant really control.
unless we can log on using our IC like borrowing books from library, but it will then give raise to privacy issue..

Darren said:
As far as possible, we strongly discourage members registering multiple nicks but unfortunately, some still persist. The most obvious examples of alter-nicks are when the members with very few posts registered very recently start posting and 99.9% of the time, the posts will be inflammatory in nature.

We will deregister nicks that we strongly suspect or we have found to be an alter-nick.

People in real life do not constantly go about changing their names so we should try to do the same online. Having an alter-nick only goes to show that the member has things to hide or out to just cause trouble.
I applaud the mods and admins for doing that. It's one thing to argue and debate about issues. It's another thing to take on another false identity and tries to frame others etc... I do rem an incident on CS concerning y.........y, which is of course totally untrue.

1) They jumped from one brand to another and dont want to be labelled as a traitor.

2) They want to forever say "Sorry if my pics are bad, I'm a newbie".

Status
Not open for further replies.