multiple exposure

Status
Not open for further replies.

stl

Apr 7, 2002
Visit site
do i need to compensate the exposure when shooting multiple exposure shots? i compensate Ev and my subject looks "transparent"...

YES! about 1 stop per extra exposure up to 3 or 4 I think... so not recommended if you're shooting multiple scenes. more for objects like moons and flashes...
it's not like photoshop... ;p

1 stop meaning -0.5Ev? i took 2 exposure and use -1.0Ev as recommended in the manual but the subject turns out to be transparent. The background is ok... how har?

1 stop == 1 EV lor...
try to leave a BLACK area for your subject for non-"ghostly" images... becos the exposures are additive, that's why I say it's not like photoshop..

it's like photoshop with every layer around 50%..
and the more exposures u make, the paler everything gets, unless ur control is very good...

Originally posted by stl
do i need to compensate the exposure when shooting multiple exposure shots? i compensate Ev and my subject looks "transparent"...

By subject do you mean a person? If that's the case then use rear curtain synch with a flash unit and it should stop most of the problem from occuring.

Originally posted by Ian

By subject do you mean a person? If that's the case then use rear curtain synch with a flash unit and it should stop most of the problem from occuring.

what's a rear curtain synch?

Status
Not open for further replies.