Multiple Exposure Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Cheat

Jan 19, 2004
Singapore
I'm wondering whether is there any film-user here, who's interested to start a small multiple exposure project with me. Me, being a noob, don't really know how disastrous it may turn out, but briefly, the project is like this:

Two person per team. Each person would get a roll of film (be it negs or slide), exposed it (i.e. shoot it), and then exchange with the other person. Each would then load the exposed films into their camera, and exposed them again. The final images would then be scanned, and nicely exposed pictures would be published on a website or a blog (need to source for that later).

Any film camera users are welcome. Think the Lomographers will enjoy this!

Note, the objectives of this project is to have fun, and to explore the world of multiple exposures!

Interested party, please list your name down, and I would contact you guys shortly! :D
1. The_Cheat

sounds cool, would like to try it.

I think some of those camera out there allow multiple exposure...I think I had try that b4 with my Nikon FM2, FE. I can't really remember how cos didn't use it for sometime.

If my memory is correct my nikon allow me to rewind back to the prev.films n shoot again...this cos the film to hv multiple images.

imet,

mine can do multiple exposures on individual frames too, but i think cheat wants to double expose the WHOLE roll...

just checking ah, cheat, that means wind the film back to just before the 1st frame and leave the edge hanging out, right? then i shoot the whole roll?... i'm interested! but maybe should tie down one person shoot people, one person shoot places, or something... and we all shoot 1 f/stop down...

who pays for developing? :devil:

tingchiyen said:
imet,

mine can do multiple exposures on individual frames too, but i think cheat wants to double expose the WHOLE roll...

u can expose the whole roll of film also meh? Film-1 take 2,3 times,film-2 take 2,3 times until the last film lor...

no no, cheat wanna do multiple exposure project. meaning, i shoot finish liao, pass u the film, and w/o telling u what i shoot. then u go and shoot whatever u like. the develop and see what happen

development price can either share, or each person buy 1 roll (2 rolls by partner)

it'll be interesting to partner with someone overseas

cheat, i see if i can find my olympus or not. if can then we do half-frame multi-exposure

The_Cheat said:
I'm wondering whether is there any film-user here, who's interested to start a small multiple exposure project with me. Me, being a noob, don't really know how disastrous it may turn out, but briefly, the project is like this:

Two person per team. Each person would get a roll of film (be it negs or slide), exposed it (i.e. shoot it), and then exchange with the other person. Each would then load the exposed films into their camera, and exposed them again. The final images would then be scanned, and nicely exposed pictures would be published on a website or a blog (need to source for that later).

Note, the objectives of this project is to have fun, and to explore the world of multiple exposures!

Interested party, please list your name down, and I would contact you guys shortly! :D
1. The_Cheat
i think...i ok with your idea...experimental i like...got my PM or not?

Don't forget that when you re-load the film in the second camera teh frame position may not be the same. What I mean is that the first shot and subsequent shot will not be align.

tingchiyen said:
imet,

just checking ah, cheat, that means wind the film back to just before the 1st frame and leave the edge hanging out, right? then i shoot the whole roll?... i'm interested! but maybe should tie down one person shoot people, one person shoot places, or something... and we all shoot 1 f/stop down...

who pays for developing? :devil:

Hi tingchiyen,

Yup! My idea is to expose the whole roll first, pass it to someone else, and then expose the whole roll again before processing it. As for leaving the film leader out, I don't think there's any problem, since we can easily find a film picker to pick out the film leader. (I'm still having problem with my film picker... if you don't believe, quekky can attest to that! :bsmilie: )

Oh! I think your idea of having each person shooting a different theme is great! :thumbsup: Maybe we could discuss this in more details after I finalise the list?

Even though having the 1 stop down thing is good, I don't think it's really that essential. I mean, if there are lomographers who're interested, who cares about the technicality!?

As for the cost of things, each person would sponsor 1 roll of film, and would bare the cost for developing one roll of film too. As most shots would potentially be trashed, prints are not encouraged. Instead, I would request someone who have a good scanner (*hint hint*) to do panoramic scanning of the 35mm, so that even images that are out may produce some good effects. Do any of you have a good scanner that can do pano scan? :devil:

jbma said:
Don't forget that when you re-load the film in the second camera teh frame position may not be the same. What I mean is that the first shot and subsequent shot will not be align.

I'd asked someone who'd done this project with another two photographers in other part of the world regarding this concern, and he informed me that using panoramic scans could evade such a problem. That's also the main reason why prints are discouraged...

Well, we may have prints after we scan them though! :bsmilie:

dunno what you mean by panoramic scan, i think it's unlikely the frames will align... but hey, part of the fun, right? i'm game for the project! keep me updated.

tingchiyen said:
dunno what you mean by panoramic scan, i think it's unlikely the frames will align... but hey, part of the fun, right? i'm game for the project! keep me updated.

Well, panoramic scans as in scanning it as if the shots are taken in a panoramic format. Can't recall the exact size of it...
Anyway, those cheap table-top scanner with lighting attachment can be used to scan region outside the standard frame size of the 35mm lor... that way, the images outside the default region of the 35mm may be covered as well. :D
Haven't exactly tried it out though, but I think it's theoretically possible! :think:

The_Cheat said:
Oh! I think your idea of having each person shooting a different theme is great! :thumbsup: Maybe we could discuss this in more details after I finalise the list?
it's more fun if we dun discuss any theme at all, just go for what ur heart tells u to do, and dun care what the previous roll had gone through

film picker huh? next time bring the picker and a film out loh, i'm sure someone will know how to use

I don't mind joining in this experiment.

WOW!! experimental galore! crazy photophysics!... i think its been done by lomo world congress rite? where people from different countries sent their exposed films to friends overseas. i think it'll be fun! Cheat, count me in! fill me in with the details...

1. The_Cheat
2. denis
3. tingchiyen
4. khairi
5. jbma
6. cointre
7. quekky (half frame multiple exposure!)

The_Cheat said:

1. The_Cheat
2. denis
3. tingchiyen
4. khairi
5. jbma
6. cointre
7. quekky (half frame multiple exposure!)

Count me in, is time to take out my camera.

1. The_Cheat
2. denis
3. tingchiyen
4. khairi
5. jbma
6. cointre
7. quekky
8. imet

:) check out my lomohome to see if you guys like my stuff on multi[x]posure? :)

www.lomohomes.com/zann9

will love to join in the project as much as i can.
btw, i'm doing one with ppl overseas. :D 15 ppl exchange film from all over the world in a merry-go-round method. :) to see some of the picz, goto HERE.

1. The_Cheat
2. denis
3. tingchiyen
4. khairi
5. jbma
6. cointre
7. quekky
8. imet
9. zann

Status
Not open for further replies.