Multi-layer Marketing

Status
Not open for further replies.

redstorm

Oct 29, 2002
Hougang
Visit site
Yesterday evening, I attended a talk by such a company and came out skeptical and unconvinced by their claims of healing properties of their products. What shocked me was the rather expensive product e.g. $110 for a pair of lycra socks :eek: and the commission that their different level of agents earned - 20%, 40%, 50%, etc. Is this Multi Layer Marketing (MLM) any different from Pyramid selling, which is banned in Singapore, and is MLM legal here?

It is an artificial distinction - MLM has focus on products, Pyramid selling has focus on getting members.

Yes MLM is legal. Pyrimid Schemes are not.

It is an artificial distinction - MLM has focus on products, Pyramid selling has focus on getting members.

Wiki shows a good comparison & explanation on the difference between both schemes (scams) HERE

Although the MLM people always emphasise that direct selling goods would cost less than the commercial equivalent due to less advertising fees, commercial fees etc.. but just look at how many levels they need to pay commission to..:think:

Wiki shows a good comparison & explanation on the difference between both schemes (scams) HERE

Although the MLM people always emphasise that direct selling goods would cost less than the commercial equivalent due to less advertising fees, commercial fees etc.. but just look at how many levels they need to pay commission to..:think:

Yes, it is still indeed cheaper than outside. There is a limit on the level of commission being paid somewhere, you have to check that out from the company that concerns you.

Yes, it is still indeed cheaper than outside. There is a limit on the level of commission being paid somewhere, you have to check that out from the company that concerns you.

So you might end up with the same cost or even more....
But they usually sell stuff that you can't find outside. Like Magnetic Matressses :bsmilie:

Yesterday evening, I attended a talk by such a company and came out skeptical and unconvinced by their claims of healing properties of their products. What shocked me was the rather expensive product e.g. $110 for a pair of lycra socks :eek: and the commission that their different level of agents earned - 20%, 40%, 50%, etc. Is this Multi Layer Marketing (MLM) any different from Pyramid selling, which is banned in Singapore, and is MLM legal here?

ah you are strong in the force...jedi mind tricks don't work on you.
kekeke :bsmilie:

i used to work with an mlm company before as their "R&D" Officer. All I did was made orders from a general US Based Pharmacutical company, asked them to recomend a formular for the pills and then designed and printed the labels in singapore and pasted them on the bottles that i recieved. Then I got a doctor to conduct talks and bullshit on my products, giving him a commission. Done- Cheap product, doctor approved, marketing bullshit and lots of aunties buy into it.

Wahahaha, i am not proud of myself.

i used to work with an mlm company before as their "R&D" Officer. All I did was made orders from a general US Based Pharmacutical company, asked them to recomend a formular for the pills and then designed and printed the labels in singapore and pasted them on the bottles that i recieved. Then I got a doctor to conduct talks and bullshit on my products, giving him a commission. Done- Cheap product, doctor approved, marketing bullshit and lots of aunties buy into it.

Damm that sounds.... not very right... but hey
auntie buy from you happy and willing nothing wrong in doing taht right? hopefully you are not doing it now... ;p

:thumbsup:

well done.

Not that I codemn MLM, but all my encounters of MLMs are bad.

Like very very expensive products with only one agent, claiming to be very wonderful. So I ask, if it's so good why is it not available mainstream?

some MLM companies tried to recruit you by brainwashing you, telling you that it changed their lives after becoming an agent, the world become so much better after. I paid for their drinks and told to them leave.

What's the doctor's name?

Hong Sien

yes yes i encounter such stuff before...i was asked to go for interview which i didnt apply in the first place...out of curiousity...i go take alook...then lots of people there too looked confused like me...later found out it's MLM marketing...they selling stupid items which no one will ever wanna spend money on it...first product...energy water...with chemicals found in those isotonic drinks...but it's plain water...with energy substance infussed inside...selling around $3 per bottle...if i remember clearly...second product...neck strapped air purifier...a mini air suction mechanism strapped on your neck like a mobile phone...then it can purify the air around your face range up to 2m...cost $500...will you buy??? last product...electro-magnetic bed...endorsed by NASA technology...sleep on it improve blood circulation & other good for your health stuff...$5000 per bed...i reckon king koil does better...yes those rich will buy...but they expect every household in singapore to own one...possible? don't think so...they even show us their model agent...at age 21 already earn $1m...lucky for him...do we stand a chance? i am those down to earth person...i only believe working hard & smart...not working smart & smarter by selling all this craps... does anyone experience tis before?

They can show you anything they like, but its just talk, they don't bother (or maybe can't) prove that the person actually earns that much.

If anyone ever encounters this type of claim again, just ask them "Can you show me your income tax returns?" After that you'll see them give lots of excuses why they can't show. How do I know? I did this before :)

they even show us their model agent...at age 21 already earn $1m...lucky for him...do we stand a chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.