Multi coated filter (Kenko Pro 1D, Hoya etc etc)

desertstrike

Sep 29, 2008
CCK
do you guys find it hard to clean the first time u try to maintain it? like a lot of friction trying to wipe it etc etc... like quite rough, not sure if this is the accurate word to use...

Hoya ND400 was tricky to clean after I had a finger print on it. I remember that Hoya UV was also not easy, but I stopped using UV filters since then. Problem solved :)
How you clean your filters?

I use lens pen and microfiber. I find ok.

Hoya ND400 was tricky to clean after I had a finger print on it. I remember that Hoya UV was also not easy, but I stopped using UV filters since then. Problem solved :)
How you clean your filters?

hmm... i tried to wipe it with a micro filter cloth, it will hard, there was a a lot of resistence... it is like the coating is so thick and the coating is not smooth... then i tried another cloth, it was stated that the cloth was made from animal skin, can be wash and reuse type, also encounter a lot of resistence... then i use lens tissue, even wipe slowly, the tissue also got lots of abrasion and disintegrate 0_o...

in the end, i use lens solution and wipe it clean... not sure whether this is the correct way, but i can't seems to find any better ways on the internet...

I use lens pen and microfiber. I find ok.

hmm... you din encounter the "resistence"? i encounter this will all my hoya(uv, cpl), kenko pro1d (protector) filters... did u use lens pen first then microfiber? or is it that lens pen material is different?

I use microfiber to remove finger mark... Lens pens to remove small particles laid on the surface of the filters....

desertstrike said:
hmm... you din encounter the "resistence"? i encounter this will all my hoya(uv, cpl), kenko pro1d (protector) filters... did u use lens pen first then microfiber? or is it that lens pen material is different?

I use lens pen first. Lens pen cleans using carbon powder. Not as hard as what you described.

If you are that bothered by this, you can try Hoya HD filters or B+W.

I use microfiber to remove finger mark... Lens pens to remove small particles laid on the surface of the filters....

the microfibre is the one from 3M?

I use lens pen first. Lens pen cleans using carbon powder. Not as hard as what you described.

If you are that bothered by this, you can try Hoya HD filters or B+W.

hmm... those are too expensive... hmm... carbon powder... no wonder they are black! wun it leave any residue on the filter? actually can entirely use lenspen and forgot abt cloth, lens tissue, etc etc?

desertstrike said:
hmm... those are too expensive... hmm... carbon powder... no wonder they are black! wun it leave any residue on the filter? actually can entirely use lenspen and forgot abt cloth, lens tissue, etc etc?

Blower will get rid of the powder residue. And yes, you can use it alone without cloth or tissue. But I keep a micro fiber cloth handy just in case.

Blower will get rid of the powder residue. And yes, you can use it alone without cloth or tissue. But I keep a micro fiber cloth handy just in case.

oh okie, perhaps i shall get a lens pen too! ;)