Mudan TLR Camera from China

Status
Not open for further replies.

helmet0004

Jul 2, 2008
Johor Bahru
Hi Clubsnapper

Need a bit help, thank is advance any information given.
Brought a TLR for a price of 2 cigarette packs, Shutter,aperture and self timer jam. Manage to get it working, but the slow shutter speed mechanism seem not accurate. Anything below 1/8 will stuck half way during the shutter opening and closing. My questions are,

1) Lubricating the mechanical gear will help or need to dismantle and clean the shutter/aperture blade?
2) Mudan TLR, not a lot of information of this TLR, I google it , it from the 60's, Dandong Camera Factory manufacture it. and sell in Friendship store for foreigner.

Any more information would be greatly appreciate

$IMG_3384.jpg

Attachments

• $IMG_3384.jpg
    $IMG_3384.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 7
might be a good idea to bring it down to the repair shops to have a look? can try P&G or Camera Hospital. they should be able to give you a quote and an idea what the repairs that need to be done.

might be a good idea to bring it down to the repair shops to have a look? can try P&G or Camera Hospital. they should be able to give you a quote and an idea what the repairs that need to be done.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Hi, got a similar one that I serviced myself. You might need to dis-assemble the shutter mechanism (warning if u havent done this, beware) as it will lead to more problem. So it just needs a thoroughly cleaning and lube. It will be similar to a compur shutter mechanism as to how it works. It will definitely get back to a more acceptable shutter speed.$Peony Shutter.jpg

I wonder if one could just flood clean the blades with Ronsonol and bring it back?

50/50 peroxide and ammonia for any fungus and distilled white vinegar for mold.

Last edited:
Thank you for taking time to explain, I have actually manage to fix it by dismantling the front cover and into the shutter blade. it very exiting and scary too. I spend many hours on internet reading any article on this type of shutter, I took picture of the dismantling process so that I don't forget the sequence.Thanks for the courage again..cheers.

Hi Nikonzen

That what exactly happen. I dismantle the front cover shutter, the taking lens. Manage to reach the shutter blade. Soak the whole unit with lighter fuel..After a couple of baths..it start to work beautifully. Since than, I have brought two more TLR (Seagull 4 and Seagull 4A)faulty units..and just waiting for time to give them a good o'l lighter fuel bath..Thanks again..

Status
Not open for further replies.