Mucking around in camp..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefox

Feb 15, 2004
Bedok
Some pictures that I took while in camp.. There are many other nice shots that I can't show because they show equipment and camp surroundings.. I'm very fond of the shots with assault boats speeding across the water in formation though.. Ditto with the float bridges..

Anyone knows what this bird is? I have absolutely no idea..

bird0026ze.jpg

bird0033ri.jpg

bird0054ns.jpg

bird0062no.jpg

Across from the camp.. Many tall trees there... Apparently the land was reclaimed and the trees planted to block the view of our neighbours up north..

timorbarat4ok.jpg

Are you from armour?
I am..
I see the focus abit out, more on the background, making the birdie abit blur.

You can use unsharp at PS to sharpen the image abit. :)

Not from armour... I was at the edge of the parapet (SP?) and max zoom.. Just took a few quick shots off the bird.. lol.. Using AF since I had to support myself with my other hand..

I appreciate your self-restrain on not releasing photo with army equipments, trg, etc.

more importantly, I believe all military camps do not allow camera equipments including phones with camera in the compound. Let alone take photos without the unit awareness.

As such, it is not advisable to broadcast the location of the photo taken, to avoid unnecessary issue. esp the subjects are not related :)

Howdy said:
I appreciate your self-restrain on not releasing photo with army equipments, trg, etc.

more importantly, I believe all military camps do not allow camera equipments including phones with camera in the compound. Let alone take photos without the unit awareness.

As such, it is not advisable to broadcast the location of the photo taken, to avoid unnecessary issue. esp the subjects are not related :)

I got my CO's + security officer's permission to bring in camera and take pictures.. Definitely not showing any pictures of the camp compounds or equipment..

Edit: oh btw, camera phones are now allowed in camps. Just need to get an LoA from the admin spec. The approval did take the whole of 1 year+ to come in effect though... MSD was contemplating the issue because almost all new HP's have built-in cameras so at some point in time no one will be having non-camera phones anymore.

Firefox said:
Edit: oh btw, camera phones are now allowed in camps. Just need to get an LoA from the admin spec. The approval did take the whole of 1 year+ to come in effect though... MSD was contemplating the issue because almost all new HP's have built-in cameras so at some point in time no one will be having non-camera phones anymore.

Good news. Then I dun need to look for new HP everytime I need to go in camp.

Cheers
John

Firefox, that sure sounds like a camp in one of the industrial estates in the west. I was supposed to cover a AOC Parade there last year in June, but the Guard Comd told me since I didn't have a LOA I cannot bring in the camera to cover the event... and that was while the GC's handphone had a built-in camera. The requesting unit's AS1 (not from that same camp, but was a "guest") did a LOA pronto for me, but the GC still said no, citing requirement from the camp's S2/S3 branch before I could get the camera in. In the end, he relented - I almost missed the rehearsal of the AOC Parade and nearly screwed things up BIG TIME.

I neber did admit I have a camera phone..
for one, resolution is damn bad to be any useful..
I am not nuts to published any classified..

My recent ICT, they did ask who is using a camera phone...
just note down, and you get use your hp anyway except the
camera function..

boat ?? 35 SCE ?? Seletar Camp ??

hmmm...

this place seem like somewhere near Punggol Marina.. am i rite ??

:D

Let this place remain as mystery. Only the person in the camp will know.

Camp is secretive so I dun think its right to mention which camp is it ba... can? :D

hahaha.... my previous camp... Seletar :) Nice scenery there... great fishes and birds and plants... it's not a secret camp... very well known.. check street directory also have.. even have civilians living a stones throw away(literally).. and youth flying club there also...

My camp's the one that is classified... haha.. so can't post no pic... anyway, got no good scenery in my camp...

sehsuan said:
Firefox, that sure sounds like a camp in one of the industrial estates in the west. I was supposed to cover a AOC Parade there last year in June, but the Guard Comd told me since I didn't have a LOA I cannot bring in the camera to cover the event... and that was while the GC's handphone had a built-in camera. The requesting unit's AS1 (not from that same camp, but was a "guest") did a LOA pronto for me, but the GC still said no, citing requirement from the camp's S2/S3 branch before I could get the camera in. In the end, he relented - I almost missed the rehearsal of the AOC Parade and nearly screwed things up BIG TIME.

Yup.. Only the security officer (usually S2) can approve the LoA.. Other than him, only the big boss (CO) can approve.
In this case, I'm doing a corporate video for the unit so my team got LoA's to bring in whatever cameras or DV cams we needed.. Project is a killer man..
I've already filled up all my spare disk space for just a few tapes (13.5GB for 1 hour's footage) and more are coming.. sigh..

k3nn3th03 said:
boat ?? 35 SCE ?? Seletar Camp ??

hmmm...

this place seem like somewhere near Punggol Marina.. am i rite ??

:D

=)

The last picture is Timor Barat.. Also known as Punggol Barat.. No one goes there except for the construction people to pave roads and put up more vegetation to block the view..
Occasionally, there's field camps there... But it's disgusting.. Lotsa of grubs (some kinda beatle larvae) in the ground and they show up once you start digging shellscrapes...

Is it HQ10SIB? :D
;)

Firefox said:
=)

The last picture is Timor Barat.. Also known as Punggol Barat.. No one goes there except for the construction people to pave roads and put up more vegetation to block the view..
Occasionally, there's field camps there... But it's disgusting.. Lotsa of grubs (some kinda beatle larvae) in the ground and they show up once you start digging shellscrapes...

You also from 35 SCE? Which company? Boatman here. :bsmilie: You should have went the wet gap to take pics, more birds there. :bsmilie: Or go Ah Ho behind take pics of the cat fishes. :bsmilie: If given me another chance I would take many pics from Seletar Camp. Lots of things to take.

Venom81 said:
You also from 35 SCE? Which company? Boatman here. :bsmilie: You should have went the wet gap to take pics, more birds there. :bsmilie: Or go Ah Ho behind take pics of the cat fishes. :bsmilie: If given me another chance I would take many pics from Seletar Camp. Lots of things to take.

Your fellow boatman and the Broncos were scaring off the birds at the wet gap.. As with the field engineers there.. LOL.. Ditto with the assault boats camping out behing ah ho's stall..

I was from 160 Squadron, Seletar camp. Hee Hee, neighbour to the 35SCE. Many cobras theres. We always eat snakes back then. lol*

Very peaceful place full of sweet memories.

oh boy... beautiful... I was a 35 bridging engineer there... got a friend who's a planter there. remember the "good" days when alpha company was breeding TONS of commando mosquitoes in the drain behind that they were just one black veil coming towards u if you were any where near their bredding grounds... the days of mosquito coils everynite... oh and how the sewage pipe broke and the grass behind was wet stank of **** and ammonia... haha.. think "meet the parents"... well, nice to know ple from there..

Status
Not open for further replies.