Mucking around in camp..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shouldnt add on to the conservation because im not cheong sua unit. :bsmilie:

:embrass: *Siam*

I was also from Seletar camp, boat commader of assault boat company 35 SCE. Is there still a boat in fornt of the company line?

Anyway the picture you took is of reclaimed land. Back in my time it was till open sea and they were just about reclaiming the sea then. Loved driving the assualt boats all alone in the middle of the night after finishing a mission. I miss that camp, most peacefull and a lot nature around even though I had some xiong times there.

I have not been back there for more than 10 yrs so any pictures bring back memories. Pity back then there was no digital cameras.

Thanks for the memories....

Looks like Seletar camp produced many Nature lover and many of them are CS and Lumixer too.

Me too from Boat Coy PC. The Assault boat in front of the boat coy was set up by my platoon. Maybe some may know me....

After ROD, was there for the next 13 yrs for ICT - beautiful unit with lots of fun/siong stuff - in front of NCO mass got crane on the tree top, wet gap - lots of crabs, prawn, fish, monitor lizards,etc. Officer mass, police jetty,etc....

The camp is like frozen in time for the pass 50 years with min improvement.

However, sooner or later it will be gone in serveral years time if HDB's plan for Seletar new town is on.

Venom81 said:
You also from 35 SCE? Which company? Boatman here. :bsmilie: You should have went the wet gap to take pics, more birds there. :bsmilie: Or go Ah Ho behind take pics of the cat fishes. :bsmilie: If given me another chance I would take many pics from Seletar Camp. Lots of things to take.

er.. there is only ONE company there with boatman... so which platoon u from and which year ?? :)

should go more into the wet gap.. more "things" inside to shoot..

ah ho... ooo... miss his "you tiao" 20 cents each.. :(

Firefox said:
Your fellow boatman and the Broncos were scaring off the birds at the wet gap.. As with the field engineers there.. LOL.. Ditto with the assault boats camping out behing ah ho's stall..

field engineers ??u from 30 SCE ??

that should be the far bank that u r toking abt.. ;)

Bernard Ong said:
I was from 160 Squadron, Seletar camp. Hee Hee, neighbour to the 35SCE. Many cobras theres. We always eat snakes back then. lol*

Very peaceful place full of sweet memories.

Bernard..!!!!

din know u from there until u told me that day.. :D

Firefox said:
Your fellow boatman and the Broncos were scaring off the birds at the wet gap.. As with the field engineers there.. LOL.. Ditto with the assault boats camping out behing ah ho's stall..

You from which company? :think: Got visit Ah Ho? :bsmilie:

Howdy said:
Looks like Seletar camp produced many Nature lover and many of them are CS and Lumixer too.

Me too from Boat Coy PC. The Assault boat in front of the boat coy was set up by my platoon. Maybe some may know me....

After ROD, was there for the next 13 yrs for ICT - beautiful unit with lots of fun/siong stuff - in front of NCO mass got crane on the tree top, wet gap - lots of crabs, prawn, fish, monitor lizards,etc. Officer mass, police jetty,etc....

However, sooner or later it will be gone in serveral years time if HDB's plan for Seletar new town is on.

wow... look like socrates and u are my " SHI SIONG "...

so ur platoon set up that boat..

well, during my time, that boat was repainted... but wondering if its still there.. :think:

Venom81 said:

u from bridging or boatman ??

think most pple would have gone to ah ho.. since it next to the boat shed only..

socrates said:
I was also from Seletar camp, boat commader of assault boat company 35 SCE. Is there still a boat in fornt of the company line?

Anyway the picture you took is of reclaimed land. Back in my time it was till open sea and they were just about reclaiming the sea then. Loved driving the assualt boats all alone in the middle of the night after finishing a mission. I miss that camp, most peacefull and a lot nature around even though I had some xiong times there.

I have not been back there for more than 10 yrs so any pictures bring back memories. Pity back then there was no digital cameras.

Thanks for the memories....

Yes. The boat is still there. I always sweep the leaves inside the boat during my BMC days. :sweat: Rambutan and durain tree just behind the company. :bsmilie:

k3nn3th03 said:
u from bridging or boatman ??

think most pple would have gone to ah ho.. since it next to the boat shed only..

Boatman here. :bsmilie: During attachments, I always order take away and eat in my boat. :bsmilie:

k3nn3th03 said:
er.. there is only ONE company there with boatman... so which platoon u from and which year ?? :)

should go more into the wet gap.. more "things" inside to shoot..

ah ho... ooo... miss his "you tiao" 20 cents each.. :(

Ah Ho seldom sell you tiao now. Only manage to eat them twice before I ord. :sweat:

Venom81 said:
Boatman here. :bsmilie: During attachments, I always order take away and eat in my boat. :bsmilie:

durian tree...

ooo.. miss that tree..

was bearing fruits my time... then drop.. eaten by others.. been eyeing so long but ... :sticktong

Venom81 said:
Ah Ho seldom sell you tiao now. Only manage to eat them twice before I ord. :sweat:

he seldom make... but lucky my platoon seems to click with him..

so whenever we hinted, then that afternoon we would have it..

if not, when he feel like it, we get it too..

wow.. miss his fried rice..

so when u ord ?? who is the OC when u left ?? Lee ??

k3nn3th03 said:
durian tree...

ooo.. miss that tree..

was bearing fruits my time... then drop.. eaten by others.. been eyeing so long but ... :sticktong

Last time my CSM MSG Ang put con wire around the tree. Still told COS to make sure there are 17 durains there if not missing 1 sign 1 extra. :bigeyes:

k3nn3th03 said:
he seldom make... but lucky my platoon seems to click with him..

so whenever we hinted, then that afternoon we would have it..

if not, when he feel like it, we get it too..

wow.. miss his fried rice..

so when u ord ?? who is the OC when u left ?? Lee ??

Must be really lucky to eat them. Ah Ho told me before if wanna eat must order at least 20 pieces a few days before then he will make. :bsmilie: Too bad only a few people wanted them so in the end never order. :sweat:

Venom81 said:
Must be really lucky to eat them. Ah Ho told me before if wanna eat must order at least 20 pieces a few days before then he will make. :bsmilie: Too bad only a few people wanted them so in the end never order. :sweat:

Don't remember eating ah ho's yu tiao, must be his latest creation. I have tried - almost everything he cook - fried prawn noodle, maggie noodle, fried rice, mee hoon, chicken wings ... his kids must be very big now.

During active days - I never book out cos need to change 3 buses to reach home, unlike my boat men who goes out to have fun wheneven they can - still remember they wore those really baggy pants which can put two chicken inside. I set up a video renting servce at the officer mass and almost have my dinner there nightly.

Best entertainment is the video games in the mass and off course the sun rise - was much better at the island during exercise. Always wish I have camera with me then. missed those days.... ;)

Venom81 said:

HQ.. My platoon always first to go in, last to go out.. Sianz...

Of course got visit Ah Ho.. His teh-peng was the best.. Lately not so good already.. Food there also very cheap..

k3nn3th03 said:
field engineers ??u from 30 SCE ??

that should be the far bank that u r toking abt.. ;)

No lah... It was Engineer's Week.. This year special.. Hold in Seletar Camp instead of SOCE (Now ETI).. The Field and Armour Engineers (Now called Mobility Engineers) were at the far bank side.. The boatmen were happily driving around the wet gap so the birds didn't come along..

Howdy said:

Heh.. Most of the camp is frozen.. But the Enlistees Mess cum Canteen has been rebuilt. Now the enlistees mess is air-conditioned. Has DVD players, PS2, TV, Pool tables etc..
Other changes are more minor, like water-coolers at every block.

Oh, and the PCG have moved out.. Apparently, they were involved in too many incidents and had to shift away.

Status
Not open for further replies.