MTV Asia awards photo


Status
Not open for further replies.

webstop

New Member
Jan 6, 2004
83
0
0
#2
I want to know too. But I have no ticket, anybody wanna sponsor me?
 

Prismatic

Senior Member
Feb 25, 2003
1,323
0
36
39
In the void.
Visit site
#4
You can go really early to catch the stars going down the aisle into the stadium as most people do. You wun really have much chance of taking any good pictures inside unless you are in the pit or you've got a really long lens.
 

lauLEE

New Member
Jun 8, 2003
237
0
0
North-East
Visit site
#5
oleo said:
If got ticket.... can we take any pictures inside ?
everyone MUST surrender their cams ( i dont noe whether you need to surrender a cam-phone or not). They are very very strict with this rule so dont waste time to bother to bring any cam. The Q will be very very long becoz of this restriction.

The only chance is probably to wait at the car park to capture any stars when they drop off from their vehicles.
 

Larry

Senior Member
Apr 25, 2002
5,499
0
0
45
singapore
www.larryloh.com
#7
i've covered MTVAA for 2 years now, and i can honestly tell you, unless you go to the red carpet area (the stretch of area from where they stop their cars and walk into Indoor Stadium) very VERY early, you won't stand a chance to take photos against the sea of groupies. and that's the only area you can take photos of the celebs. inside the performance areas, no photography is allowed at all (i'm not counting micro cams and phone cams) and lauLEE is right, they're very VERY strict about this. even the official/press photographers can only take shots inside a designated Photo Room (which not all celebs will come; some are atas enough to skip it). no one is allowed to inside the actual stadium to take photos, except the official broadcasting agency (e.g. MTV).

2 things to note: not all celebs will go on the red carpet (most of them do, but there are exceptions), and go recce the place early, cos the red carpet area changes from year to year. also, and don't bother with long lenses. you're normally crushed up so close to the celebs that ultra-wides are advisable.
 

webstop

New Member
Jan 6, 2004
83
0
0
#8
Hi, Larry, I saw the photos from link above, it's actually quite far away. How come you say you're pretty close to the celebs? Unless you have the tickets?
 

lauLEE

New Member
Jun 8, 2003
237
0
0
North-East
Visit site
#9
oleo said:
If got ticket.... can we take any pictures inside ?
was there yesterday... this year they allowed cams, fortunately brought along my cam (left in my car). Saw many with mini videocams and small digicams. Unfortuantely lighting was very bad for photog and the distance too far and much too crowded. Ppl with the hands waving and jumping. Stand next to 3 foreign photogs with EF1200mm (yes 3 big guns) at the very far end. Couldnt get any good shots with my "super mini" gun, 70-200mm! Gave up after 30 mins of trying.
 

oeyvind

Senior Member
Feb 25, 2002
3,828
1
38
www.oeyvind.org
#10
lauLEE said:
was there yesterday... this year they allowed cams, fortunately brought along my cam (left in my car). Saw many with mini videocams and small digicams. Unfortuantely lighting was very bad for photog and the distance too far and much too crowded. Ppl with the hands waving and jumping. Stand next to 3 foreign photogs with EF1200mm (yes 3 big guns) at the very far end. Couldnt get any good shots with my "super mini" gun, 70-200mm! Gave up after 30 mins of trying.
Those big guns you saw inside are not EF1200mm but EF400mm f/2.8 + 1.4x or 2x TC combo.
 

lauLEE

New Member
Jun 8, 2003
237
0
0
North-East
Visit site
#11
oeyvind said:
Those big guns you saw inside are not EF1200mm but EF400mm f/2.8 + 1.4x or 2x TC combo.
sori ... nvr see the actual one b4, looks huge to me leh ..
u were at the backstage, did you shoot from the gound to the stage last night?
 

oeyvind

Senior Member
Feb 25, 2002
3,828
1
38
www.oeyvind.org
#12
lauLEE said:
sori ... nvr see the actual one b4, looks huge to me leh ..
u were at the backstage, did you shoot from the gound to the stage last night?
sorry no access to the stage... only major wire agencies has access to there.
 

Mar 5, 2003
397
0
0
www.yellowturbanman.com
#13
Be ready with your 24-85 mm lens if you are at the red carpet area & if you are in the award ceremony...stick out your 400 mm 2.8 with TC 1.4 & monopod or tripod. : ) But do be careful with the monopod as I've seen one guy drop his big gun cam with a monopod while covering Hollywood film festival last year. :cry:
 

oeyvind

Senior Member
Feb 25, 2002
3,828
1
38
www.oeyvind.org
#14
gundugundu said:
Be ready with your 24-85 mm lens if you are at the red carpet area & if you are in the award ceremony...stick out your 400 mm 2.8 with TC 1.4 & monopod or tripod. : ) But do be careful with the monopod as I've seen one guy drop his big gun cam with a monopod while covering Hollywood film festival last year. :cry:
a standard zoom is close to useless if you are blocked by everyone else and the TV crew... do have one standby, another body with 70-200 is best for the red carpet... a step ladder will be a big plus.
 

Mar 5, 2003
397
0
0
www.yellowturbanman.com
#15
Usually the video crew will be at the other extreme end of the red carpet. No photographers will be allow to cross over to the video side as flash is a no no when they are filming. Yes a small step ladder will come in handy : )
 

oeyvind

Senior Member
Feb 25, 2002
3,828
1
38
www.oeyvind.org
#16
gundugundu said:
Usually the video crew will be at the other extreme end of the red carpet. No photographers will be allow to cross over to the video side as flash is a no no when they are filming. Yes a small step ladder will come in handy : )
guess you are not at the MTV Asia Awards... they are everywhere inside the red carpet area blocking almost everything most of the time.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom