MTF Priority

woefulwabbit

Jan 16, 2009
Hmm.. I used to have my P-Line set to MTF Priority on my K10D, but I can't find anywhere to set this option on my K-x. Did Pentax remove this feature?

On the K-x, the P-line is fixed and cannot be changed

Pity, I thought it was a nice feature that's unique to Pentax.
What about the K-7?

What's does P-Line exactly do?

Pity, I thought it was a nice feature that's unique to Pentax.
What about the K-7?

Yah, the K-7 has the MTF.

From my K-7, P mode automatically adjust the shutter and aperture according to the P-line i've selected eg. landscape, sports, portrait, MTF, Auto (There's the Normal, but i don't really know what it does). P mode can also be used as Shutter priority or Aperture priority with the scroll of the front and back e-dial. This P mode is my favourite mode all time!:thumbsup:

This P mode is literally like the Green mode (auto point and shoot :bsmilie:) with more controls like adjusting ISO and also EV.

It is a Program Line that favours the lens optimum aperture whenever possible.

It selects f/5.6-f/8 for most lens in bright conditions and does not go larger than one stop down from maximum aperture, eg. f/2 for 50mm f/1.4.

I never really like to use the P/Green mode. Still prefer Av or M for most of my shots. I'd rather control the aperture/shutter speed setting myself instead of letting the camera do it for me.

I never really like to use the P/Green mode. Still prefer Av or M for most of my shots. I'd rather control the aperture/shutter speed setting myself instead of letting the camera do it for me.

Same here for me. I think my camera has been on M mode for almost 6 months. In fact, it is you fengwei who taught me how to use M mode during one of the outings. :)

I used M mode on the k10d but on k7, i have to use Av.

I used Av mode all the time. M mode sometimes when I want something else.