Mt Rinjani

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterBates

Jun 18, 2004
www.allsystemsgone.net
Hi everyone, just came back from Lombok to trek at this mountain. Used film to shoot, coz had bad experience once with my digicam at high altitudes.

crater_lake.jpg

Segara Anak crater lake

plawangan0016.jpg

Senaru Plawangan

plawangan0017.jpg

plawangan0018.jpg

Sunset at Sembalun Plawangan

sindang_gila.jpg

Sindang Gila waterfalls

Comments are welcome! Thanks.

My comments.

No.1 will be great if the tree wasn't there in the middle. But nothing much to do except chop the tree down...which is ridiculous.
No.2 has a clean and serene feel. Nice!
No.3 can crop the top 40% off.
No.4, zoom in more when taking the shot.

MasterBates said:
Comments are welcome! Thanks.

loudhailer said:
My comments.

No.1 will be great if the tree wasn't there in the middle. But nothing much to do except chop the tree down...which is ridiculous.
No.2 has a clean and serene feel. Nice!
No.3 can crop the top 40% off.
No.4, zoom in more when taking the shot.

yes...agree with your comment no. 3. tried in PS....looked balanced now. thanks.

SniperD said:
very beautiful... I like the 1st and the 3rd shot..
you used a polariser for the 2nd?

nope...if i do, will the sky looked brighter?

on a separate note, me just finished uploading all the pix. if interested to go rinjani, these are the places and scenes u can expect to see.

hi, I like no 2 and 4, simple yet powerful.
btw, who was the model standing there :D

For the 2nd shot, what did you do to get such a deep blue hue of the sky? Was the 6-star cross filter used?
For the 3rd shot, care to share you settings? How did you actually get such a nice crescent shape of the moon?

Yildun said:
For the 2nd shot, what did you do to get such a deep blue hue of the sky? Was the 6-star cross filter used?
For the 3rd shot, care to share you settings? How did you actually get such a nice crescent shape of the moon?

i used slide (think it was a velvia/provia) film. din have to change much in PS, just increased the contrast a lil bit. i din use any filter...sun was shining brightly in my direction. i closed my aperture (maybe f16 or f22) turned my body slightly from the sun, and shoot. i always had my lens hood on my cam, so i wouldn't know whether the hood makes the sky bluer. Hmmmm....maybe should try taking 2 pictures in that situation in future. Good question.

For the 3rd shot, think i used velvia. i took 2 exposures, one for 4 secs at f4, the other 8 secs at f4. i was guessing the exposure based on my experience shooting here in sg around dusk. me quite lucky.

I like Pic 4. Surreal. :thumbsup:

Did u trek with BOAC?

Status
Not open for further replies.