Mt. Kinabalu

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziploc

Jan 17, 2002
Snoopyland
Taken during my trip from 19/4 to 23/4 with a G2.

Sunset at Laban Rata
aaa.jpg

South Peak
aad.jpg

St. John's Peak - the guardian beast of the mountain
aab.jpg

And me at the foot of the summit (taken by my friend).
aac.jpg

woo nice sunset ...

excellant pics :thumbsup:

ichiban!:thumbsup:

Ziploc upgraded to G2? I thot u were using Oly last time?

Originally posted by antagonista
ichiban!:thumbsup:

Ziploc upgraded to G2? I thot u were using Oly last time?
:bsmilie: you must be dreaming

very nice shots !!

Ya I only have a G2 and an F90 now. I did have an Oly IS3000 many years back, but I lost it on the plane during a trip.

Hmm... wait!!! How did you know I have an Oly before??? :D ;)

impressed by your first pic. ;)

wow!!! Great shots...reminds me of the time when i was there...:)...i'll definitely go up there again!!!

beautiful, ziploc! i love all your trekking shots...reminds me of those times.

Originally posted by ziploc
And me at the foot of the summit (taken by my friend).
aac.jpg

Ruthbaby......here is Ziploc picture!!

:p

how cold was it ar? I remember that it was less than 5 degree at the peak....and i was almost frozen to death...cos i no $$ to buy a good jacket....and i was wearing a long sleeve cotton T-shirt...and one firmsy, non-water proof wind breaker & track pants that's all....

but then my guide just wear short sleeve T-shirt and shorts :eek:

i still rememebr that suddenly there was a small rain cloud that "crashed" at me....and after the cloud went passed me...my whole body was wet.....

any pic taken on the peak? when i reached the peak...i have a feeling that i almost reached the space...as i were so much above the clouds layer

Originally posted by kamwai
any pic taken on the peak? when i reached the peak...i have a feeling that i almost reached the space...as i were so much above the clouds layer

if you've got the time, try Nepal or Tibet. That is where you really feel like you've touched the sky, and that you're on top of the world. The view is amazing too, but the conditions aren't too favourable for bringing a digicam up. :(

Originally posted by Tweek

if you've got the time, try Nepal or Tibet. That is where you really feel like you've touched the sky, and that you're on top of the world. The view is amazing too, but the conditions aren't too favourable for bringing a digicam up. :(

ya..definitely will not bring my D30 there!!

probably the new wheather proof DC (is that Casio or Canon) can take that kind of condition...

btw, i also have a couple of shots taken in 1996 here , not all the pic are from my camera...most of them from my friend's camera.

btw...just skip the text...my english was very lousy back in 1996...dun bother to read my 'stories' ok

ziploc;

sorry for asking this but was any post processing done for the above pics??

Originally posted by Goose
ziploc;

sorry for asking this but was any post processing done for the above pics??

No problem. :)

Post processing applied to all shots:
resize, unsharp mask (to recover the sharpness lost due to resize), frame and signature.

Additional processing:
1st pic - none.
2nd pic - levels (to increase the contrast slightly).
3rd pic - rotate (to level the horizon - it was taken hand held and the horizon was slightly off), levels. This shot was also giving me problem while metering, as I could only choose the correct exposure for the sky or the peak but not both, so I chose the peak and left the sky slightly washout (no I didn't bring any filters).
4th pic - none.

Originally posted by isomers007

thot he;s been using a g2 all along?

hmm?? not him meh? I thot was the one using c700 back in the hardwarezone forum... the one with signature of a c700 pic??

hmm... I must have got the wrong guy. :embrass: paiseh.

:bsmilie:

Originally posted by ziploc

No problem. :)

Post processing applied to all shots:
resize, unsharp mask (to recover the sharpness lost due to resize), frame and signature.

Additional processing:
1st pic - none.
2nd pic - levels (to increase the contrast slightly).
3rd pic - rotate (to level the horizon - it was taken hand held and the horizon was slightly off), levels. This shot was also giving me problem while metering, as I could only choose the correct exposure for the sky or the peak but not both, so I chose the peak and left the sky slightly washout (no I didn't bring any filters).
4th pic - none.

Wah!!! Thanks for your detailed explanation!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.