MSN on Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRiShnDaisy

Sep 19, 2003
Just downloaded MSN on my Mac but I keep getting disconnected. Any idea why?
I'm on Mac OS X Version 10.3.8 and I downloaded MSN messenger for MAC Version 4.0.1.

use adium instead. much better.

Yupyup .. Adium is recommended.

only downside is when doing sending of file. you dunno the progress.
But overall. very cool!!

Ok, I've downloaded Adium but guess what? I'm still getting disconnected!
Am I experiencing a firewall or something?

are u using at home or in school/office? may be they blocked the usage of MSN to prevent the recent MSN virus outbreak?

in the office...
I tired icq on Adium as well. Also doesn't work.

In the office?

Check with ur system admin. High probability they blocked all ports for ICQ, MSN, IRC, etc, etc.

TRiShnDaisy said:
in the office...
I tired icq on Adium as well. Also doesn't work.

then most likely your admin blocked MSN/ICQ to prevent workers to chat online during working hours lor :nono:

your colleague got same problem?

Also cannot! This is tragic... :cry:

Likely the sysadmin has blocked IM ports to prevent spread of IM virus - heard that theres a Kelvir worm variant thats making the rounds.

For those who still have access to IM, just practice caution and NOT click on any URL being sent over IM.

Darren said:
Likely the sysadmin has blocked IM ports to prevent spread of IM virus - heard that theres a Kelvir worm variant thats making the rounds.

For those who still have access to IM, just practice caution and NOT click on any URL being sent over IM.

But Mac user wont kenna mah :sweatsm:

once in a while, i still receive email containing virus, so i will go and open it on Mac to see what is inside ;p

i solve most of my computer problem in hardwarezone forum
theres a specified thread from Mac user ..

Status
Not open for further replies.