MSN Messenger Woes - Can Anyone Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lavenderlilz

Jun 2, 2002
hErE lAh
Hi

I seem to have a problem with my msn. It won't log in automatically. Neither can I log in even if I key in the password manually. I have even gone to the extent to reset my password and nothing is working. I keep getting a message stating either my password is wrong or my user name is invalid when that is not the case as hotmail account is an active account. I tried to get on to MSN Messenger using another email account and the same problem persists :(

This problem happened last Friday after I downloaded MSN Messenger Ver6.2. Was previously running on Ver 6.1. It did work for awhile and it has not been able to do so since. I have removed the programme and downloaded again and yet nothing works.

When this problem first occurred, I couldn't log into my hotmail account via Internet Explorer. I have run Ad-Ware to remove any spyware too. I have also installed Mozilla as an alternative browser. With Mozilla I am able to access my hotmail but the same problem stays with IE.

Any idea how I can resolved this as I really miss using MSN?

Thanks in advance.

Hmmm... you could try removing msn from your computer under "add/remove programs" and reinstalling it.

Hope it helps.

Poon said:
Hmmm... you could try removing msn from your computer under "add/remove programs" and reinstalling it.

Hope it helps.

If I remove it - then do I need to download it again to reinstall it?

:dunno:

AdamGoi said:
If this happens to me, I'll probably uninstall and then reinstall ...

I "removed" MSN Ver 6.2 & d/l from MSN again & installed it but I still have the same problem.

Is Windows Messenger to be removed to?

Is windows messenger running (process name msmsgs.exe in task list)? You cannot be connected with MSN messenger and windows messenger at the same time. You cannot uninstall windows messenger, but you can disable it. The method to do this depends on which version of windows you are on.

Royce said:
Is windows messenger running (process name msmsgs.exe in task list)? You cannot be connected with MSN messenger and windows messenger at the same time. You cannot uninstall windows messenger, but you can disable it. The method to do this depends on which version of windows you are on.

i am not connected on windows messenger as well - can't get connected.

How do I disable windows messenger anyway?

lavenderlilz said:

is ur internet connectivity down? check it out. my **** broadband OCCASSIONALY does this to me. it shows everything online but i cannot even proceed onto the damn internet.... only for sometimes lar.... :think:

jonlou said:
is ur internet connectivity down? check it out. my **** broadband OCCASSIONALY does this to me. it shows everything online but i cannot even proceed onto the damn internet.... only for sometimes lar.... :think:

No my internet connection (SCV broadband) is not down. I can browse webpages by Mozilla & Internet Explorer (except cannot log into hotmail for IE) and chat on ICQ.

So what is wrong?

lavenderlilz said:

What version of windows are you using - XP Home or Professional?

Royce said:
What version of windows are you using - XP Home or Professional?

I *think* its XP Home. It was pre-installed when I got my computer from HP.

I have just installed MSN Plus. Wow...great features and u gonna try it!!!! especially the handwriting plug in is a plus !!!!

Royce said:

Actually you can unnstall window messenger, see here

can you still use ver 6.1??
how abt using back msn 6.1

didn't know if the pproblem is the same as the here

see the bottom of page for the the solution.
Hope it helps.

kohweekuan said:
can you still use ver 6.1??
how abt using back msn 6.1

where can i find msn ver 6.1? cos i dun seem to see it in my computer anymore

here

go download, all msn file, view all files and look througth the list, it's there

Status
Not open for further replies.