[MSK] making of PoPiah skin by hand at Joo Chiat +Photowalk ; 11Nov (Sun) 2012

weiteck

Oct 17, 2008
Sembawang
Some friends and me will be going to see/shoot/eat freshly made PoPiah skin, by hand.
then stroll along Joo Chiat & Katong area.

I called to asked about us shooting them, they said ok. but i doubt they allow us to see them making the dough.
We will pop by "penernakan Kim Choo" store at Katong if time permit

Meeting 830am at Paya Labar MRT Station Control
Will wait no more than 15min for late comer, because we need to be there when they are making the Popiah Skin.

Wrap up around Lunch time, just a very casual outing. just info me if u leaving early, so i can keep track of head count & safety of group.
u can shoot with DSLR, compact, camera-phone, pin-hole camera make out of tissue box...

Please wear comfortable walking shoes, and bring water bottle & rain gear.
but there are lot of shophouses there for us to stop by if it rains.

i have 4~5ppl on my side
would like to cater to 5 more persons, hope to meet new people & exchange ideas with you guys~
But easier to move around in small group.
Kindly PM me your mobile number & full name, then i will PM you my number.
Also pls copy, paste & update name list via forum.

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

Head count ends 9pm this Sat (10Nov2012), OR when hit Max 5 pax

[MSK] "My Shooting Kakis" is a small Event & Location based Photography interest group.

Last edited:
4 more slots, hope to meet new people & exchange ideas with you guys~
But easier to move around in small group.
Kindly PM me your mobile number & full name, then i will PM you my number.
Also pls copy, paste & update name list via forum.

1) Ice Maiden (meet directly at the store 9am)
2)
3)
4)
5)

Head count ends 9pm this Sat (10Nov2012), OR when hit Max 5 pax

[MSK] "My Shooting Kakis" is a small Event & Location based Photography interest group.

cya
1) ice maiden
2) redsun

my group would be happy to meet u guys~

HEADCOUNT CLOSED

will try to post a video to the making of popiah skim by hand tml.
will be interesting

Thanx to those that joined me for the morning walk~

8743_10151342557261159_1903415195_n.jpg

The lady in the green apron is one of the pair of siblings that runs this 70 years old PoPiah Skin making business.
When we reached, they already done with making of the skin, but they was nice to make new batch of PoPiah skin specially for us~

28086_10151342553106159_1640142054_n.jpg

The Siblings working in-sync, keeping to traditions. Respect the uncle with his heat-resistant hands...
Really think that Singapore is losing lot of food heritage...with most stuffs machine made...
the major difference is that the Hand-made PoPiah skin here is very very thin, which machine is not able to create.

Too bad the video i took, the files was corrupted....:cry:
We walk the stretch of Joo-Chiat till Katong, we also visited "Penernakan Kim Choo" store & lunch at Katong Laksa
end the morning walk at Sri Senpaga Vinavagar Temple

[MSK] "My Shooting Kakis" is a small Events & Locations Based Photography Interest Group.