MS Word help needed: inserting pictures at right side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andreq

Deregistered
Jul 12, 2007
Hi, i need some Word help here for my report writing. Pls help me if you know. tx!

I know how to generally insert pictures from file.

but what if I want the text to appear only on left half of the document and the picture to be placed on the right?

I have no difficulty setting margin for the text but when I tried to place the picture beside the few rows text, it just wouldn't stay there.

any idea how to do it? Biggy thanXX! :p

Try,
Right click on the picture and select Format Picture.
Select Layout tab.
Choose Square or Tight wrapping Style.
Click OK.

Left click on your picture and drag it to wherever you want to put it. The text should wrap around it.

Hope it helps.

Not sure if this would work for you...

1) Set all your text parameters etc.

2) Insert your picture.

3) Click directly on the picture. A slim dialogue box should appear on the top right of your screen somewhere. This box is kinda slim so you have to look out for it.

4) Somewhere in the d box is a little box with an object in it, and lines across the object. This is the text wrap control. CLICK this box. If you're not sure which box it is, just mouse over one by one till you find it.

5) If you want the picture on the right, and the text to wrap on the left, click the sub-menu 'SQUARE'. You should see the results immediately.

6) Move picture as needed by clicking on it and dragging.

7) Click any other options in the wrap sub-menus to explore other possibilities.

Hope this helps.

CHEERS!

hmm .. table would be a better option..

depends what you want.

tables are okay but you reduce the auto word wrapping capabilities that word offers with floating pictures.
tony's suggestion will maintain word wrapping capabilities without the need to mess around with the text to ensure it is in the correct placement.

I use the table option as well... just used to this method I guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.